Porsche 959 lawsuit - Canepa design | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Porsche 959 lawsuit - Canepa design

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by berryman, Mar 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#76 Kds, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    Berryman.......

Excuse me, but how come there are 2 people in the thriving metropolis of Bow, New Hampshire (pop 7,138) who claim to have had multiple 959 ownership ? I do find that odd and pardon me for saying so.

Yourself as stated here with "several".......and Bryan Milazzo with 2 or more as per this article......which also goes to show the guys 959 importation knowledge and involvement with the car in detail as per Zack's statement. The same knowledge that you have in great detail. Perhaps posting some EPA/DOT paperwork with his name as the RI and your real name as the end user would clear things up for everyone in regards to your earlier statements.

We'd love to have more 959 owners contributing here. And in the case where anyone (especially a new poster) says that they have owned multiple cars worth a combined million or more, it all depends on how many after all, and you've had "several" as has Mr. Milazzo, we'd just like to know who we are dealing with, just as he would, or in fact even "you" would.

Now in regards to the rest of Zack's comments.......

http://www.gulf-coast-imports.com/autoweek_show_and_go.htm

Bryan Milazzo calls himself "a car guy." Like Bartlett, this Bow, New Hampshire, resident has spent much of his career working on imported cars, only his devotion lies first with Porsches. In 1996, Milazzo was shocked by high-voltage electricity in his shop and left partially disabled. To keep his mind occupied during months of physical therapy, he thought a lot about something that troubled him: why the 959 was never exported to the United States.

When Milazzo first heard about Show or Display, he ran an ad in AutoWeek seeking collectors who might be interested in importing one. He found two, and months later he had beaten Mr. Gates to the punch: Milazzo had obtained DOT approval to import the 959 under Show or Display

GOOGLE also has proof of Zack's statements about Bryan Milazzo's conduct as indicated in my thread I pulled up in the search.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-9539889.html

http://www.yourneighborhoodnews.com/archives/2004/bowarc021204.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-9539889.html

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bristol-nh/TM4QR35NVBEK6L1RQ

Just some of the letters to the editor above.

http://www.yourneighborhoodnews.com/archives/2004/bowarc091604.html

http://www.salemobserver.org/bow-times/2004/12/news/29-yir-bow.html

http://www.bowtimes.com/bow-times/2004/10/news/28_judge-restricts-milazzo.html

City of Bow harrasment lawsuit and court injunctions for 150 phone calls in 18 months above.

http://www.salemobserver.com/bow-times/2005/02/news/17-legal-costs-mount.html

Frivilous legal requests above.

Ever owned a BMW Z1 there berryman ?

While you are thinking about the answer, tell your 'friend" to look up the answer to the terms slander and libel as well, after you speak to him. Again I find it odd, and I do apologize in advance if you are offended, but it is highly unusual that anyone, would openly suggest in an online forum that a friend of theirs would sue anyone..........especially for something I found to be true in about 10 minutes.

Surely someone with as intimate a knowledge of the law as Mr. Milazzo must obviously have as per the above articles, would know better.........

Oh.......I almost forgot........welcome to Ferrari Chat.

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I doubt Mr. Milazzo would win that day in court. From the sounds of things, he has enough legal action to be getting on with anyway without getting into any further litigation over the matter of a simple forum post.

Regards,
    Andrew.

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #78 DrStranglove, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Uh-huh....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #79 DrStranglove, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    K, I fixed it for you.

5. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Thanks guys!

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Contact Peloton25 for details on Milazzo's shenanigans on automotiveforums.com in the McLaren F1 section.

BRYAN, YOU ARE BUSTED. Give it up. Or ask "your friend" to.

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    So... what you are saying that Brian's knowledge of 959's, their importation, and federalization is flawed?

Or... is this more of the retarded fchat mob mentality bandwagon?

8. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    So Issac you endorse people who are crazy, and "...liars, people who threaten to sue members, and people who hide who they are."???

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #84 nthfinity, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    I don't know who "Issac" is, and cannot comment about how this person endorses anybody.

Before I retort your strawman efforts, I should say your position here is extremely weak to tie me to any amount of threat made one way or another. So weak that the only connection I have is that I respect the said man's opinion regarding all things regarding the 959. This is not your first time to try to assault my own integrity. I do not believe you have much; and suspect your response to this will show as much as they have in the past.

Regarding his IP, and being or not being Bryan Milazzo?
    That is generally silly on a forum. It's one thing to do so, and something else entirely to post a comment to threaten as such.

Refer to "...liars"

If people have questions I can't answer regarding the 959, I absolutely will 100% point them to Bryan Milazzo.

However, I'm still waiting for you to point out exactly where anything barryman has stated is incorrect regarding the 959. It appears others seem to agree with many of his notions; and many look to him for answers regarding the 959 in the US.

I still cannot stand your "cards" in any case, and don't believe they have a place on fchat. Unfortunately, I don't own the site and don't make that decision.

DrS, do you feel it appropriate that a person is [ guilty/banworth/silenced / character assassination/ invalidate their credible and quality responses ] because a valued postwhore has something against the said person on another site?

Would YOU have made a response to any of the misdirections that Zack has made?

DrS, Do you feel Zack is justified in misdirecting the topic at hand? The only way that in some way he could be IMO as an admin on another site, is if Bryan has been banned from fchat in the past for some reason or another. Even then, simply deleting/ banning the account without affecting a positive moving thread.

DrS, both Zack, and yourself have toxically affected this, and many other threads over the years. How is it that one of the members who is attempting to destroy Bryan's credibility isn't even subscribed, while the other either has no interest in what you and Zack are doing, or doesn't care, or is unaware.

I've answered your questions; now praytell... why don't you answer mine?

10. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    nthinfinity,
    I will answer your questions. Hope they satisfy you.

1. I did not intend to misdirect the thread. We can happily resume talking about the Canepa case. Really, it's all there in the court filings, and when the decision is made, we will know more. Other than that, it is what it is. Canepa ain't no saint, and you would know that if you met him. That said, he is a genuine car guy, and knows a lot of interesting stories.

2. With respect to Bryan Milazzo (or Bryan M, or berryman, or any other doppelganger or alter ego, it's hard to keep track), his knowledge of the 959 is detailed and accurate, as far as federalization and import under show and display exemption goes. How that makes him a god, I don't know. Plenty of others possess the same knowledge, but don't go around claiming to own 4. Or was it berryman who claimed that? I get confused. A lie is a lie. You asked what he lied about. This is it. Another thing is whether he was instrumental in getting the Show and Display legislation passed. He would like to think so. Maybe you do too?

3. I don't think DrS inadvertent misspelling of your name takes away from the validity of any of his points. Why harp on that, of all things, especially when your own post is chock full of mistakes? Makes your position very, very weak.

4. Did you click on any of the links posted? Did you google Bow, NH and Bryan Milazzo? You will find out everything for yourself. If you still think he's the messiah, well, you're welcome to go there and worship him in person. Just don't speed, or he will turn you in. Actually, he can't anymore, his town's police force got so sick of him they sued to stop his incessant nagging! So go ahead and put the pedal to the metal.

5. Whether someone is subscribed or not matters not. There are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes, a lot of contributions made that you are not aware of. You have a lot to learn, grasshopper.

6. This is not an attempt to destroy his credibility. What he knows, he knows. You may be interested to find out about his abuse of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act), which he utilized to find out about the owners, or you may not. You may be interested to find out how he squealed about the trivial administrative fee they wanted to charge for his excessive requests. You may be interested to learn about his harassment of various ICIs and RIs and the crap he has spewed forth in various media. It's all on the web, pretty much. Or you may not be. His knowledge of the 959 might just make him someone very special to you. In which case, by all means, go spoon.

7. The cards -- it's DrS' and other users' choice what they post. If they are offensive enough to enough people, I am sure changes will be made. Clearly that means you are in the minority. So deal with it.

7. I hope this answers your questions. We can discuss this further offline to keep from derailing the topic, if you like. Ultimately, I have two questions for you...a) Is there any question of yours that I have not addressed? and b) Why are you getting your panties in such a bunch?

I know the last one is supposed to be number 8. Just checking if you are paying attention.

11. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    I didn't say anything about his knowledge of 959s, apart from doubting the claim that he owned 4, or even 1.

Isn't that what a strawman argument is, claiming someone is saying something that is easily refutable and changing the argument to an easily winnable one on that premise, when the original point was something else entirely?

Aren't you the one setting up strawman arguments, while accusing others of doing so?

12. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #87 nthfinity, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    What did you intend to do?
    I also agree that Bruce Canepa is a very genuine car guy. I don't beguile him one bit. The court case will decide things as it sees fit.
    I don't remember the part where he said he continuously owned them. In the case that he doesn't, or hasn't... then that itself is childish. I read an article either on Pelican Parts, or in Excellence regarding some things about his involvement in S+D. I don't recall the details. If i espoused that, perhaps too naively, than that is something to move forward on. I am not an expert by any means on such things, nor do I know most of the people whom are regular importers and involved with the federalization process.

The misspelling isn't. Perhaps you didn't read what he said, or his unsolicited attack on my character. Not the first time; nor do I see it being the last. By default, I don't look to join, or start any forum "mob" attacks. This is no different. So if my arguments are "very very weak" than show me the strength or validity of DrS' supposition.

What? You are inferring that I think he is some sort of god. Are you off your rocker with making such a ridiculous ascertation? If there was anybody I know who is regarding the 959, it is a friend who was an engineer on the 959. However, he has zero experience with federalizing them.

I have a friend who likes large women. But that doesn't mean he doesn't know more about high resolution radar, or the physics of radio that I don't enjoy discussing with him. (In case you are wondering why I am making this statement, it's in regards to Bryan's strange and incomprehensible hobbies).
    Subscribing is a sign of respect.
    That final part is totally uncalled for, and unprovoked.

As to the other part of your post, I would use the adage "freedom isn't free". ;)

It's not just the cards, it's the demeanor. And, I already stated my opinion here. I accept that isn't going to change due to the site's owner allowing it. DrS depends on others "web mob" mentality to support it. I loath that aspect. I also disrespect his ability to argue his points. They are lacking in the few instances I've been involved with.

Topic: Derailed.
    A.) One. What was your intent?
    B.) This is the internet. People take most of it all too seriously. I don't. That doesn't mean I appreciate being attacked as a cohort made out to be a wrong doer of some sort. I prefer living my life not burning bridges; and loath the mob mentality.

If I didn't already say it (It is past my bed time), I looked briefly at your links on the other page; and didn't see the relevance in either your descriptions, or the first two links.

I was searching for the reason to why you derailed the topic. If what he was saying wasn't true, then there would be validity.

13. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    So, do you like large women or not?

14. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    #89 Zack, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
    On a somewhat more serious note, and at the risk of being accused by you of continuing to derail the thread, my intent was to publicize what I know of Bryan Milazzo. The user "berryman" (should that be dingleberryman?) seemed to show great deference to Bryan Milazzo. I smelled a rat with the claim of ownership of 4 959s. There were a few other things that led me to suspect that it was Bryan Milazzo himself. So I called him on it.

Suppose it was Bryan Milazzo himself. Tooting his own horn about S&D legislation. Telling lies about owning four 959s. Most would lose respect for him. If you wouldn't, great.

Suppose it wasn't Bryan Milazzo. Now you have two parties claiming to have owned four 959s each. Hubba hubba. Aren't you the guy who takes all those pics? How come they haven't had you come over to snap all 8 of them lined up? Oh that's right, they must be sold off by now. Well then, you and berryman can both go and pay your respects to Bryan Milazzo. Would anyone really care? Exactly.

Now, you could continue to flail away while accusing others of derailing the thread, or you could bring it back to the Canepa lawsuit. Up to you.

15. malebomb01

malebomb01 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2010
    Big D
    Anyone want to do a cliffs notes on this so we do not have to read all this drama?

16. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Canepa got sued for not delivering a 959 in exchange for another Porsche valued at $650k.

Bryan Milazzo, posing as (dingle)berryman is a nutcase.

nthinfinity may or may not like large women, but his friend does for sure.

17. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Strange how many kooks there are in Concord, NH, and surroundings. Could they all be one person, bitter and spiteful at not being involved in the exotic import and legalization business?

Here's another article I dug up...

http://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/happenings/2002/january/ferrari_na.asp

18. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    So, that would be what, 10 959s in the bucolic town of Bow, NH? 4 owned by berryman, 4 by Bryan Milazzo, and 2 more. Oh wait, berryman supposedly got rid of his 4. So that would still leave a sizable population of 6 in just one tiny NH town. No wait, Milazzo also "owned" them previously, so that would leave just 2. Still, not bad. No, no, sorry again, those two haven't been bought yet...dingleberry intends to buy them, pronto.

So when will this happen, when the price drops to a fiver? Why just two? Surely it makes sense to build the "collection" back up to the previous level?

fchatters, keep your eyes peeled. We are gonna need four 959s soon. Possibly more!

19. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Not my style ;)

20. BAM

BAM Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    best read in a while.

21. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    What was, the thread or the Cliff Notes? :D

22. BAM

BAM Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I took the long way.

23. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I do! Big girls work harder in the sack cause they want you to call em again.
    Wait, are we talking Amazonian, or thicker girls, or just plain fat. I like em thick and tall too but not obese.

And for the record, I'm not the friend mentioned earlier.

24. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    There's one either for-sale or being 'stored' in the showroom of Triangle Imports, a dealership here in Raleigh.

Sticky situation. I'm really amazed he could have held such a business for that long without consequence...

_J

25. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Zack and Keith, man, that was some pwnag3 with a capital P.