Porsche 919 Evo - sub 5:20 min. on the Nordschleife | FerrariChat

Porsche 919 Evo - sub 5:20 min. on the Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ZFFDT57, Jun 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    Here is the onboard video - and no, it is not in 1,5x speed... ;)

Interesting to see the lifting/braking before Flugplatz as well as the outside lane through the Karusell!

Bisonte likes this.
  2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Listen to that thing scream at full song on the long straight leading up to Start/Finish.

Just amazing.

BHW

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    NürScud and tomc like this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Look at how much the driver is being shaken around at the 5:00 or so laptime mark...yikes. Very impressive drive. It can't be much longer for someone to break the 5 minute mark if they tried...

6. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    They went straight to ludicrous speed.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Not bad for a four-banger.
    When I am elected King of the World, THAT is the car I am driving to work on Fridays!

Per Wiki...
    The V4 engine is retained for the Evo, putting out 720 hp (537 kW; 730 PS) without fuel flow restrictions. As the amount of recovered energy that could be used was increased from 6.37 megajoule for Spa to 8.49 megajoule, the output of the electric motors was increased from 400 hp to 440 hp (328 kW; 446 PS). The car's weight was reduced by 39 kg, now weighing in at 849 kg (1,872 lb) dry and 888 kg (1,958 lb) with driver ballast. Extensive aerodynamic upgrades were also added to the 919 Evo, resulting in a 53% increase in downforce and 66% increase in aerodynamic efficiency compared to 2017 WEC Spa qualifying spec.[14][16][15]

T

8. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    By far the best one lap videos I have seen. That guy can drive! I don't know how he was able to see while going that fast on that bumpfest of a track. People wreck at the Ring going 1/3 his speed. Very impressive.

9. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    That expensive in-car video game in your basement/mancave? It just became entirely pointless........

cpep likes this.
  10. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I am sure I can't go that fast with tire degradation set to off.

11. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    6:39. Project Cars 2 w/Porsche 919 DLC. I'm sure with several hours of practice I can get that down to 6:38.

12. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    And Toyota thought they did good at LeMans this year. Turn this Panzer lose on them and they will mop the floor with them. Nice to see another track record drop. All hail Porsche !

GuyIncognito and william like this.
  13. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I was just looking to see if this had been posted yet. It's scary just watching the video. Now, why is it, again, that Porsche is whining about the F1 PU specifications?

They could be in F1 right now if they decided to do it, and it's a series more people care about than prototype racing.

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

F1 isn't in Porsche DNA like sports cars are. But things may change.

I would like to see Porsche (VAG-AUDI) go against Mercedes (Daimler-Benz), repeating the pre-war Silver Arrows duel.

G. Pepper likes this.
  15. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    There's no business case to being in F1. They already sell every car they can stamp out, so why spend $400MM a year to obtain something they already have? Further, not many people care about F1 anymore. It has lost 300 million viewers in the last 9 seasons. There are no lucrative partnerships to be found AT ALL. Two of the biggest companies on the planet couldn't find title sponsorship or even a technical partnership and after this year, there are zero countem zero title sponsors.

Porsche has exactly nothing to gain by entering F1....unless VAG finds an R&D tax loophole that MB did....not gonna happen.

Makuono likes this.
  16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Wow, I did not know F1 had lost so many viewers. I stopped watching for a couple of seasons after the V6 turbo formula, but I just couldn't stay away. Porsche has made some noises about F1 though. I wonder if it's just posturing for some reason I don't get.

17. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

By the same token, you could say that Ferrari has no business to be in F1, because it has no problem selling its cars.
    I think the motivation is different depending which constructor you are taking about.
    Mercedes and Renault have different reasons to be in F1, so has Honda.
    Porsche could be the R and D arm of the Volkswagen group, trying to get a deeper insignt in hybrid technology that will be on all street cars very soon.
    After the dieselgate story, VW must not miss the boat in terms of adapting to new automotive technologies.
    We think as F1 as a sport (well, I still do), some see it as a business, others as a show (Liberty?), but the testbench aspect is becoming prominent.
    One of the Honda guy was asked if he was disappointed after 3 lacklustre years of failure, and he said "No, we have learnt a lot".

G. Pepper likes this.
  18. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    Neel Jani revealed in an interview today at Goodwood, that the 919 Evo does 0-300 Kph in 7-8 seconds...

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's crazy...the Regera does it in 10.9 and has a 1 speed transmission...

20. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer