Pontiac Car Fax VIN Request | FerrariChat

Pontiac Car Fax VIN Request

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Horsefly, May 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I stumbled across a 2001 Pontiac Firebird convertible on a car lot yesterday. It looked in excellent condition; perhaps in TOO good a condition. However, it's in an area that is filled with senior citizens, some of which take very good care of their cars, so the prospect of a cream puff in this area is not out of the question. Does anybody have an unlimited Car Fax account to run this VIN:

2G2FS32K912118119

I ran across a similar Pontiac convertible a few years ago, and it didn't last long on the lot. What is the going price for a 2001 Pontiac Firebird convertible in excellent condition, fire engine red with a black top and black interior, auto trans and the standard goodies like AC.???

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    V6 or V8....the V8's are worth ALOT more.

3. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    That's what I was wondering,...V6 or V8. But the point is mute now. About 5 minutes ago, I received a call back from the car lot. He sold it this afternoon. I saw it on the lot last night and less that 1 business day later it is sold. It must have really been a nice one. I guess that I can pick 'em. I seldom ever see a modern day car on a lot that gathers my interest. I only like the old stuff. But this was the second time that I saw a shiny Firebird convertible on a lot and it was gone within hours. I guess that I'm not the only person that thinks they look nice.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    With Summer weather, seems it would move fast with little, if any room for bargaining. Should you see one in cooler months, you may have better odds. I hope you get what you want.
    __

As an aside, you're not in the habit of making grammatical errors, but, just for your future usage - in place of "mute" - "moot" was no doubt the word for the day.

But, there's a twist, as the Americanized usage of "moot" - usually in "moot point" has a backstory... though "accepted" into the lexicon of John Q. Public - it is used in reverse of it's actual legal meaning.
    http://languagerules.wordpress.com/2006/09/25/moot-point-not-mute-point/

Cool, huh?