Pollution: you've gotta be kidding! | FerrariChat

Pollution: you've gotta be kidding!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by maranelloman, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Dave: are you upset that they are being lax with the power plants, or not lax enough?

Personally, I think the rules surrounding regulations for power plants and the like are a joke at best. I can tell you horror stories about nuclear power plants that to this day have gone with little change or fix, and no accountability for exposing children and communities to levels of hazardous waste many orders of magnitude higher than stipulated as safe.

While I understand they are critical to our functionality as a whole, the manner in which power plants are run is pathetic at best. *FAR* too much drama and bureaucracy with little to no action and resolve.

--Dan

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    the EPA is a bunch of assclowns.

really inane.

well, that's okay - we'll just pick us up another environment in a few years... uh... oh. huh. that doesn't work, does it?

sheesh.

doody.

4. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Bobbafet, I was lamenting the unexplained relaxation of pollution controls on our biggest polluting plants. Sorry if my point was unclear.

I see this as a lose/lost for Bush & for our lungs, and just don't like it. Granted, it is possible that CLinton pushed through unrealistic mandates along with his Marc Rich pardon...but regardless: when things like this are done without explanation, and which do not benefit the health of the American people, we all lose, and it gives the left wing fanatics more ammunition in the coming election.

5. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    " I can tell you horror stories about nuclear power plants that to this day have gone with little change or fix,"

Bobafett,
    Which power plants are you talking about? Are you sure that they're not weapons plants? The EPA isn't involved with those ones, and all of them are known for having problems.

Nuke power is a great way to get power, if done correctly. The US history with weapons plants has left a lot of fear in many American minds. This is another area where our government should look at another country (like France) and copy the way they do things.

6. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Four words...................

ELECTION YEAR

and

CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS

Enough said!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23
    www.flatoutracing.net

7. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Well, speaking of the environment...

8. ART360

ART360 Guest

Before we we comment, I think I'd want to see what they did, what the standards are, and what the effect of their violation of the regulations. If it's something minor, so what. However, if the regulations are such that they can predict that people will die as a result of their not following the rules, then something needs to be done to them. Anyone know the particulars?

Art