POLL: Who Is Your Favorite World Champion | Page 2 | FerrariChat

POLL: Who Is Your Favorite World Champion

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Sep 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who Is Your Favorite World Champion?

1. FARINA

2. FANGIO

3. ASCARI

4. HAWTHORN

5. BRABHAM

6. P. HILL

7. G. HILL

8. CLARK

9. SURTEES

10. HULME

11. RINDT

12. J. STEWART

13. FITTIPALDI

14. LAUDA

15. HUNT

16. ANDRETTI

17. SCHECKTER

18. JONES

19. PIQUET

20. ROSBERG

21. PROST

22. SENNA

23. MANSELL

24. D. HILL

25. VILLENEUVE

26. HAKKINEN

27. ALONSO

28. SCHUMACHER

29. I don't like any of them

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Yes I remember when he got a speeding ticket here in the US.

2. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    For me it has to be Fangio. I've been disappointed with F1 of late, as the lines are blurred between the Driver's and Constructor's titles. Schumacher, e.g. may not have won so many championships if were not for Barrichello and his other mates. I feel a driver should earn their points without the help of others on the track manipulating the rest of the field. The Ferrari team are masters at that. The end result is poor racing. I say the world should recognise the fact that F1 is now clearly a team sport more than anything, and the Driver's title represents little more than a major ego trip.
    But I digress! Fangio won more titles in different makes than any other driver. He had no help of a team mate nor a radio to be informed of what was going on. No telemetry to control the car. He won simply because of his skill. And it hardly mattered whether he drove a Ferrari, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, or Maserati. He won 5 titles for four different makes. I'd like to see Alonso or Schumacher switch to BMW, then Mercedes, then Renault and keep winning. It simply wouldn't happen because no driver dominates that much nowadays. Fangio was untouchable.

3. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    Alain Prost! 4 times champions againt guys like Senna, Mansel, Piquet, Berger, Lauda,etc. Excluding Schumacher, the pilot with more F1 wins.
    My childhood F1 hero!

4. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael Schumacher!

6. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    Clark, His modesty, was he not the one who said after a brillaint drive something to the effect of" the car was so good you could have put a monkey in the seat and won" a real gentlemen. as for a good driver MS but my most respected driver is JC.

7. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Graham Hill. There was something special watching him race. Oddly enough, I didn't care much for his son Damon.

8. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Fangio is my #1 followed by Andretti, Emmo, Nuvolari, Senna, Prost, Schue

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Lauda here. Although a little too robot like he and Ferrari were what got me interested in road racing.
    Senior year high school with my one other buddy who even knew that F1 existed.
    What he did after "the crash" was Superhuman. Not much cosmetic surgury afterwards; " How will it make me faster ? ".
    I like the fact that he HAD to win. If he didnt his borrowed racing money debt would have crushed him.

10. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    I somewhat agree except that I don't like the way Alonso talks about his fellow competition. He likes to put everyone down and feels that he is always right no matter the situation. A champion should be more positive and respectful.

11. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Schumi, just look at the record books. Plus he brought Ferrari back to greatness after over two decades of nothing. Greatest driver, to date, that has ever raced in F1, or ever will for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

I'm glad I was able to watch him race.

12. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Interesting, so far MS is 1st, Senna 2nd, and surprise, Fangio 3rd. Surprise because I didn't think most of you were old enough to remember him. And Niki, Jackie and Mika tied for 4th.

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #38 darth550, Sep 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Agreed. I chalk it up to young age. He is mature as a racer, but not necessarily as a person.

Regarding age: I'm hoping Vittel will break Alonso's age record for youngest race winner. Maybe even champion?

15. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    Thats it, looks like a child always complaining!

16. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    how can it be anyone but MS? Simply the very best ever.

17. ChallengeDK

ChallengeDK Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Schumacher, because he is, as coachi said, the very best of all times.
    Also, i've not old enough to remember any other champion. I think FA is the most undeserving champion, ever...

18. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    My vote goes to James Hunt, he lived the dream :) he smoked what he wanted,drunk what he wanted,had any woman he wanted, he was a true champion.

19. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    Michael Schumacher #1. Michael Schumacher will go down as the best of all time and is the reason why I began to be interested in F1 to begin with. He will be the benchmark by which all other drivers will be measured past and present.

20. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    If MS is the best why didn`t he get the title 97 98 99 ?

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

You can't use those first few years to judge MS, the team sucked when he got there. He and the others built it up from ground zero over a few years. After that, with the exception of two years, they have dominated. And do not forget that MS won championships while at Benetton.

22. MDred85

MDred85 Rookie

Sep 16, 2006
    Hello,
    I vote Senna the best for varios reasons.
    1.He faced much tougher competion than most of the rivals for this title. He raced Pique,Prost Mansell,Jones,Lauda,Hill.and Shuey.
    2. On street circuits that demand skill and precsion not to mention bravery, he was the master. Witness his record wins at Monaca, and Detroit along with the circuit victories at Austrailia.
    3. He was the rainmaster. The great other equalizer is F1 is the wet. His rookie race at Monaco stands as one of F1s all time great drives. Being in a middle of the pack team in one of the worst downpours in modern race history, Senna in a race where most racers retired from deep in the field was blazing through the field and had the race not been called because of the weather. Senna would Taken the race from Prost.
    4. Ater his rookie season Mercedes Benz had a champions race to introduce its new 190 model. In this race because Fittapaldi was now on the CART racing schedule Senna took his place and WON.

Sorry for the long post. I just thought that this may add a little interest to a great thread.

MDred85

23. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Nice to see so many different drivers picked as favorites. Diversity in thought is great!!! Without exception, these guys were something special talent wise and they were quite different from one another from a character standpoint.

24. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    nice pics andreas