Poll: What do you think of the looks of the new Ferrari FF 2+2? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Poll: What do you think of the looks of the new Ferrari FF 2+2?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 348SStb, Jan 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think the looks of the new FF 2+2?

1. It's heinous. Just awful. Why, Ferrari? Why?

2. It's not the best looking car, but I don't hate it.

3. I actually like the looks. Neat car.

4. I love it! I love the revolutionary concept and it looks great!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    When you get to see a physical car you'll realise the lights are very distinct from those on the 458 and that it looks absolutely nothing like a Brera. It couldn't be more different I can assure you.

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ferrari made these cars in the past. You can own one if you really wanted one.

3. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Within a year this poll will be completely flipped. You all are going to love it in time. Just like the Panamera, ugly now, widely excepted later.

4. lipscomb

lipscomb Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Ca.
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Remember the first time you saw a 308 and your heart skipped a beat as you knew immediately it was "a Ferrari".Those days are gone and now they will stuff this thing down our throat until we have the requisite "aquired taste".

You: "It's the new Ferrari"
    Neighbor: " No,really what is it?"
    You: " No really it is the new Ferrari"
    Neighbor: " Really, well the wife will love it"

And she will,if you don't tell her it set you back 350k.

5. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Lots of people said the 612 was ugly, I was one....until I saw in the flesh.

This car is great (my opinion)! People will warm to it once you see it with the cool rims, nice colors....gonna be cool.

MJ

6. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    What do the rims look like?

7. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    You have the aperta rims, which look so much better in person with 3 different finishes and the new challenge rims which are very aggressive double 5 spoked....very very cool, also in 3 finishes.

8. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Thanks for all your information Manssour, it's very appreciated

9. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    #109 champagne612, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    I liked the four door Panamera and I like the four door Aston at 100 - 175k

What I do not like is a longer taller two door 612 at 375k!

I don't care what it looks like or the wheels it rides on. The last thing this 612 owner wanted was a 4wd longer taller Ferrari regardless of what it looks like - Oh I left out a hatchback!

If you guys who like it order one - congrats and I mean that :)

My guess is out of some odd 80,000 f-chatters not more than 2 buy one if that!

Why because spending 375k to brag about backseat leg room is not what built the brand and that is what the car was designed around ... cargo space!

When Playboy starts showing centerfolds that run a 4.0 40 yard dash or puts a Olympic shot put gold medalist on the cover I will believe Ferrari is headed in the right direction.

10. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I believe the dimensions are the same, the FF is only slightly taller

11. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    i went to the dealer last month thinking for once i will be the first to order one, but to my surprise there were 3 deposits in front of me. and get this, it can be delivered by the end of the year if u order now, even faster then the 458 spyder!! I hope i dont get one, because im sure i'll be laughed at. hehe.
    i think its ugly, but then i thought my 612 was ugly.
    ferrari can do no wrong with me, im buying whatever they selling, just not enough cash. haha.

12. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Point taken but looking past the looks one does have to appreciate what a great concept this is from a dynamic point of view, perhaps we have all become some fixated on the looks that the other qualities of the car have been forgotten.

13. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    +1

14. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    I believe you 110% ... and also received a call from a dealer. The dealer had one deposit and it was cancelled.

The tough sale is going to be the guy who drives over in a 612 and is offered below 100k for a 2005. The 05's were a little tough on the eyes with non sexy seats and even worse wheels. Once they were better spec'd I felt they were the shiznit!

I wouldn't laugh but that hatchback and roofline are going to be a real challenge for many many others.

15. PeterTremulis2011

Feb 16, 2011
    Deerfield, IL
    #115 PeterTremulis2011, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some variants to the current FF design that may yeild some additional comments. You can also visit the article linked to this post that appears on CAR Magazine Online. My son Daniel prepared these drawings and I think you will like the way they look. These variants will offer Ferrari the opportunity appeal to a broad range of buyer styling and lifestyle preferences. These drawings have been shared with Pininfarina and with Flavio Manzoni at Ferrari.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/Motoring-issues/CAR-readers-son-designs-Ferrari-FF-spin-offs-2011/

Paste this into your browser to review the article. The upload feature is acting a bit dodgy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Peter- If you actually looked at that poll of your Ferrari owning friends (and most of those in the poll probably do not own a Ferrari and cannot afford a new one, I know I cannot), ~30% like the car, ~40% hate it and ~30% are ambivalent. That actually makes for a pretty good market, with nearly 200 poll takers very positively viewing the FF. Not everybody has to love it for it to be a success. The 612 and California prove that point, both great Ferraris that some people hated. Both successful in the marketplace and loved by their owners.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

17. PeterTremulis2011

Feb 16, 2011
    Deerfield, IL
    I look at the pole and see 70% who don't like the design or have a benign opinion of it. These are the folks who would not buy one. The 30% split between I like it and I love it are in the vast minority. It's like voting for President. The reason Hillary nor Palin will ever be President is due to thier negative ratings. The FF as presented has tremendous negative ratings. Often the rejectors are of more interest to the manufacturer that those that actually like a design, especially when they outnumber the supporters 2 to 1. By offering variations to the FF design that appeal to a broader audience, Ferrari can get a more favorable view of the Series of versions offered and realize some economies of scale in the process.

I think the supporters who the love the design may hold sway, but if facing a go/no go decision on the FF based upon the poll results here at Ferrarichat, I would hold off, look at the reasons for the high negatives, see if there were mitigating strategies that could be deployed, test market those strategies to see if the high negatives could be reduced and then re-evaluate the go/no go decision. Releasing more views of the FF and offering those views in different colors is part of the effort to mitigate the high early negatives. It seems to be working to some extent, but the basic rational for the FF still seems to be a big and controversial question for the Ferrari faithful.

18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Peter- That has already been done and the Ferrari faithful were involved. But I am sure Ferrari would love to hear from you.

If they had held off on the California, which would have generated similar numbers in a poll when first introduced, they would have lost out on a whole new market for Ferrari that has been overwhelmingly successful.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

19. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    #119 Michiel Mobiel, Feb 26, 2011
    And then there were some special coachbuilt Four seaters / Wagons / Shooting Brakes.

Panther Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Shooting Brake 1974: http://www.coachbuild.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=50&g2_itemId=1593

Vignale Ferrari 330 GT Shooting Brake: http://www.coachbuild.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=50&g2_itemId=4635

Pininfarina Ferrari 456 GT Venice Sedan: http://www.coachbuild.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=50&g2_itemId=12549

Pininfarina Ferrari 456 GT Venice Estate: http://www.coachbuild.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=50&g2_itemId=12362

I really love the last one!

Below is something I'd like to do to the FF.
    I redesigned the body panels to create a more luxury style Gran Turismo and I stretched the rear end a bit.

20. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Interesting take, but I think it's a step back from where the FF is now. I also think the FF is as long as it needs to be, it's already a big car. I personally like that Ferrari didn't use much of any chrome on the car at all, the styling is enough to speak for itself. Of course it's all merely my opinion :)

21. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    I did not change the overall length. I only added some inches to the roof line.

This is, of course, my personal taste. I've always loved the old custom coachwork Ferraris by Vignale, Bertone, Pininfarina, etc. Many of them were graced with interesting chrome treatments to the customer's liking.

22. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    #122 Michiel Mobiel, Feb 26, 2011
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The tucked-under front end looks nice, but all the fussy chrome bits are a bit too retro and, I'm afraid, make the car look like a Spyker.

24. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    One of my favorite coachwork designs for a Ferrari is the 212 Inter Vignale coupe, really a fabulous design

25. PeterTremulis2011

Feb 16, 2011
    Deerfield, IL
    #125 PeterTremulis2011, Feb 26, 2011
    Great design work. The graceful design elements shown in this version of the FF are artfully executed and turn the FF into a true beauty. The treatment of the fender vent and the rear pillar with alloy is a highlight that I truly admire. These features were prominent in the early Ferrari GT's from the 50's and the 60's and they are what sets these models off as timeless peices of art worthy of the multi-million dollar price tags they regulary fetch at auction. This is the point of great design.

Thanks for the retrospective on sedans and shooting brakes. I did not know that there were so many versions executed over the years. The potential of a four door sedan may not be that out of the question after all.