Police in your car | FerrariChat

Police in your car

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fiaat, Oct 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fiaat

Fiaat Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
    daytona355, stavura, SAFE4NOW and 4 others like this.
  2. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    I have a deal with the police: You don’t get in my car, I don’t get in your car.

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I don't like cops period least of all anywhere near my car.

Shack and tickerhound like this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    In many years I only once had a bad interaction with a police officer. My (limited!) experience is they are hardworking men and women who are trying to do a dangerous job. If they have to pull me over for not strictly obeying the speed limit then I usually tell them I'm sorry for making them take the time and effort to deal with me as I am sure they have more important things to do. I don't have any pics of them in my car but more than once the stop has resulted in taking a look at the car etc. Where I live I find many are car enthusiasts.

Chizz, Boots, docster and 4 others like this.
  5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Lets differentiate between real cops and the morons from "highway patrol" - aka money makers. We have the worst on the planet IMO.

Chizz, Napoli, tickerhound and 2 others like this.
  6. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael

Couldn't have said it any better....

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Hopefully you never need them. If you do, you will be very grateful.

LI2782 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    As Shack points out - big difference between highway patrol and beat cops.

9. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Its in good hands at least. Did they let you into, or to drive theirs?

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Actually...in my experience they do have more important and better things to do...like go after real criminals, but that is dangerous and doesn't pay. They pull me over to make some easy money, even though they know perfectly well I am not posing a danger to society, certainly not more than the distracted mom in her giant SUV on the phone with kids screaming who drives by while I am being ticketed in my high-performance sportscar going 10 over.

We have a huge problem with oxycodone and thus as a result heroin drug dealers, and a huge problem with human traffic going on within miles of where I live...but noooo...they are out there with their radar guns, hiding behind the bushes looking for a quick $150.

If, and mean "if" with a capital "I...F..." they cared at all about safety they wouldn't sit hiding trying to hit you with instant-on radar or laser...they would be out there very visibly acting as a deterrent and a reminder about safe driving.

I get pulled, I am always super nice and respectful, I have numerous friends who are cops, yet I still get a ticket. As one of my deputy friends pointed out...once you have a ticket they can see they are more likely to give you another than a warning, "and besides, I know the guy in the Ferrari can afford it." (He said he'd often give a warning to someone who looks like they are struggling financially to cut that person a "break.")

Unless you are being reckless, and deserve a ticket, it is a money-maker business pure and simple. Especially highway patrol troopers...pure money grabbers, not real cops by any stretch of the imagination.

daytona355, Shadowfax, Napoli and 2 others like this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Traffic cops are assigned to perform a singular function- generate revenue for the county. Not their fault. They are given quotes and need to meet them. The cops who actually put their lives on the line daily to preserve law and order deserve our gratitude and respect, notwithstanding that there will always exist a few bad apples amongst them.

paulchua, dustman and daytona355 like this.
  12. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB

Did you know that the largest part of Felony Arrests are made during traffic stops?

Viperjoe likes this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    That really isn't the point, now is it?
    Pulling people over, and thus getting to review information on a wide swath of society will undoubtedly catch more criminals for other reasons....just like you would if you interrogated every person walking out of a bar......probably make a lot of arrests that way too.
    You want to live in that police state?

daytona355 likes this.
  14. 430 Scooter

430 Scooter Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    I’m concerned about the possible damage inflicted on the leather by the belt, gun, radio, etc.

15. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    There is always choice IMO. And as a group they can accept they are government cash machines or try change the situation. Imagine the job being one of them - you are despised, verbally abused and do a job you dont believe in - all for a government who lies about road safety. Now who is the criminal? Here its get absured - runner friends getting pulled over at 6am in the morning for "jaywalking" i.e. crossing the road not at an intersection - happened on two separate occasions. Doing 44kmh in a 40 ($200 fine and loss of points) etc etc List goes on and on

Shadowfax likes this.
  16. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That
    That's just ******** "police state work". I got pulled over in my own neighborhood for no front plate. We have a document in this country called the Constitution, you may have heard of it. Anyone who supports e bs excuse for "law enforcement" this is a jerk.

17. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    And now in my State 25kmh over is now immediate loss of license - and you wonder why live in a fascist state !! So as the highway limit is 100kmh doing 125kmh is loss of license - U guys in the US, Europe and Canada still have it good :)

18. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    what country are you in?

19. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    when seconds count, the cops are minutes away.

daytona355 likes this.
  20. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes this is a good point. However, its not my experience. I have a few friends who are retired. They would tell me stories about how they usually let people go- they knew what the bureaucrats wanted and didn't want to become part of the problem. So my experience is in essence to hate the game and not the player. They are assigned by the decision makers. They know the guy in the fancy car can afford it more than those struggling, but the points hit your license just as hard. There are jurisdictions that do not allow for plea bargaining, so if you are in one of those jurisdictions, they know you won't just get it recharacterized by a clerk. Just remember, we have the chance to exercise our power on Tuesday. Vote in someone who will give them more worthy assignments.

21. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    ^^^^ This is very true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    Obama, Trump - Whoever is in the main seat, that's not going to change the revenue collection approach. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would get a lot of thumbs up from Vegas cops in my 458 spider on the Strip. It helps to have Nevada plates!

daytona355 and Automoblog like this.
  24. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Australia :)

25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Honest hard working men and women don't generally sit at the bottom of a hill or hide in bushes, taking money off good honest hard working men and women.

daytona355 likes this.