PN 70000773 - bulbs and fuses | FerrariChat

PN 70000773 - bulbs and fuses

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Auraraptor, Jun 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    As I was looking through the parts catalog to figure out if I could find a PN for the missing wrench in my tool kit (NLA/not sold separately), I came across PN 70000773...it looks from the diagram like bulb holder similar to one I had in my old 328.

It seems rather redundant with the bulbs in the toolkit. I can sort of see it making sense for earlier TRs with the pouch toolkit...but not on the 512TRs...

Does anyone have a picture of one from a 512?

Were these actually shipped with cars new?

2. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Hello, according to Maranello Classic parts (https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/Diagram/ferrari/512-tr/056-tool-kit-and-equipment?part=70000773), this is an item of the tool kit valid for 512TR US/Canada (item n° 12), looks like a cylindrical shape box containing the spare bulbs and fuses.

The same item for 512TR not US/Canada is part n° 70000780, same cylindrical shape. I guess the difference between the two boxes is the content, as some bulbs are specific to certain markets.

3. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thanks, I was curious if someone could post a photo of theirs. I’ve never seen one and my car definitely doesn’t have one unless it’s wedged somewhere I don’t know of.

4. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    After reaching out to several parts suppliers here and across the pond, it’s long NLA.

Anyone have a photo of this for a later 512TR? I assume it’s just the standard circular bulb holder but the question is which color/size. I could likely reassemble one with that info.

...that assumes it was actually for our car in the first place.

5. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #5 Auraraptor, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Ok trying to re-create this with very limited knowledge/info leads me to this:

US spec versions contained 6+1 bulbs and 4 fuses:

- H3 Bulb
    - x5 various 12v bulbs (3W, 5W, 4W, 21W, 5/21W)
    - x1 orange bipolar bulb
    - 4 fuses: 7.5 amp / 10 amp / 15 amp / 20 amp

Testarossa's apparently had a very similar box (PN 127823) but I can't get a parts list of its contents (photo says ?5 bulbs+4 amps + headlight bulb?...very close minus a spot for the orange bulb). 348s had a similar box with less bulbs (PN 70000601)?

Honestly without a picture its rather challenging to reproduce from its component parts.

Note, all bulbs/fuses were included in the actual tool kit, so I don't think Ferrari actually shipped this with any car (US-spec)....