Please explain to me a $111,000 355 | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Please explain to me a $111,000 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrari Fanatic, Jan 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #376 johnk..., Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    F1 is less valuable than manual. Not surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Apparently you didn't read my posts in this thread where F1's set private sales records this year above gated ;)

AceMaster likes this.
  4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Dave sometimes things are left better unsaid :)

Dave rocks likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The market i see prices f1 below stick and given how ancient the f1 feels in the 355 it names sense to me. I dont what record setting cars ur talking about but i dknt doubt they exist/

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    How can we verify these records if they’re all private? Records are usually public :). And the year just started :).

Enthropy’s $200k+ public sale of a 99 manual still seems to be the benchmark.

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I have no reason to lie to you or anyone else, frankly I take that as an insult as my reputation speaks for itself. I'm not at liberty to post details of my clients private transactions that they shared with me in confidence. However, Marc (Xenu) has openly posted about the sale of his F1. I'm not sure he posted the exact number but he provided enough hints.

And a properly setup F1 is amazing which has recently been confirmed by another member.

carnutdallas likes this.
  8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You can't. You need to take my word, or not. Entropy's ask (by Miller) was $209K. The sale is private, not public so we don't know what it actually sold for.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dave no one said ur lying. I stated a fact - the market i know and see supports my conclusion. Im not doubting the trades you are talking about but they aren’t indicative of the market. F1 setup properly or not its still ancient and very slow. Ive owned an f1 in 355 and 360 and i will never own one again. The f1 in my CS is borderline annoying and even my 430 f1 feels slow compared to where they are today.

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    True. If I recalled correctly, he chimed in and said it sold near ask. Enthropy is not one to BS around. Chances are the price was pretty up there.

11. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ricky you clearly posted that you doubt they exist, hence I'm lying.

Regarding the F1 performance, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It's not a DCT. I could find a lot of post from DCT guys that prefer the analog F1 system.

EDIT - my bad. You said you don't doubt, I read it wrong and apologize.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    DCT is proper and fast, just boring. Scud & 599 GTO superfast2’s are probably the ones people will appreciate in the long run. Buy now :).

Does the 355 F1 revmatch for you on downshifts?

Dave rocks likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Thats right I don’t doubt they exist. They seem to have traded by appointment so theyre outside of my scope but i don’t doubt them or u for a second. Im a big 355 fan and 2 cars like for like id personally pay more for the stick and i think quite a few ppl wld fall into the camp. Doesn’t mean eveyone wld take that view.

14. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not trying to stir the pot.... but the 355 is 20-22 years old by build date for F1 cars 98/99 model year - strictly production date. That is old technology. So are old T-28’s and P-51’s or even Cessna 182’s - they are not a new Cirrus or F22, but people still enjoy flying them for different reasons and experiences. You will never buy a 355 with a DCT and drive like that. Why would you want that? Some move on to the latest and greatest cars... why they sell new ones, but we can agree they have no “soul” - the new cars. That is a feeling you will not have. They are sterile and near perfect - boring?? Maybe not on a track, but a lot of coin for benign feedback.

I have the Audi subscription service love it. Kind of hate Audi’s, but my access to brand new 2018/19 cars with low miles has changed my view on new Audi’s. Great driving cars. Still benign. I can do deep into xxxmph without thinking about it, literally the fastest I have ever been on public roads has been in the Audi’s. Crazy nice. I can see how Lambo does it now.

BUT an F1 355 gives you a point of history, style and a combination of mechanical and electronic sophistication not available on ANY CAR from that time period in car that paddle shifts. Nothing!

So to only have 529 GTS F1 available for world wide consumption and say they have no value or desire is crazy talk. Crazy!

Prop the bastards up. Talk about the rarity, the new technology and how it captures a moment in time. Not compare a Cirrus to a 182.

15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Having never driven and F1 car I have to ask, because for the life of me I can not see what the difference is, other than a fraction of a second between gears, between a WOT shift in an F1 car and flat shifting a gated car. Also, not that it matters much unless you are drag racing, but with a gated car you have control over engine RPM, drive train preloading and clutch engagement coming off the line. With an F1 what do you have but mashing the throttle?

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    U really just need to drive an f1 355 and 458 back to back. Words wont do a good job depicting the difference

17. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    What never fails to amaze me is the negative F1 comments. It really makes me think more cars are setup like **** vs ones that are perfect. My F1 shifts like an eye blink.

vdettore likes this.
  18. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    F1 is lazy in normal driving. Like said above you have to drive both back to back. Night and day difference. But nothing wrong with an F1 F355. Drives great. Does its job and in sport mode, full throttle it is gloriously brutal and exhilarating.

DCT is the same either way.

I will say, that I would be interested in experiencing Dave’s car. Mine has 68% clutch wear. My tech said just drive it. Will do clutch eventually and will properly set up then. He has all the right tools and experience.

19. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    According to my SD, my clutch wear is greater than 90% and the car still runs like a Swiss watch. I'm told early TCU's can go over 100% wear. I'm monitoring mine and parameters in hopes to learn more about the system.

Robb and Frank have both driven my car and can confirm how well it performs. Come to Buffalo in summer Rob and you can drive it also. Oh, my local friend Jay who owns a gated 360 has driven in it and walked always saying he was blown over the experience. He is a die hard gated guy too :)

carnutdallas likes this.
  20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Clutch wear on my Scud is probably 80%+. Purchased my car with about 60% clutch wear and put on 7k miles. General consensus is to change it out at 70%, but I haven’t seem to spot anything wrong with the system. Still feels superb. I’ll probably do the service this summer though and I’ll be curious to see if there is a noticeable difference.

A Scud definitely has an exhilarating F1 experience. A manual F355 (2.7 preferably) with proper exhaust upgrades (straight pipe Capristo) is still more fun imo :). Owning a Scud only furthered my appreciation for a manual and made me more of a die-hard manual guy.

21. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You will feel when the clutch starts to slip - no point doing it until then.

22. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
  23. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  24. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Car is sitting in my shop if anyone wants any info on it .

25. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Funny , I had a scud for a while you may have seen me driving it around Belmont shore , But i still enjoy driving my 355 manual more .

ShineKen likes this.