Pix of Grand Prix SSR | FerrariChat

Pix of Grand Prix SSR

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Unclehotrod13, Jul 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Unclehotrod13

Unclehotrod13 Rookie

Jul 1, 2016
    Long island ny
    Full Name:
    Santo farina
    Hi, I worked at Grand Prix in East Setauket from 1978 to the mid 80' s, noticed someone asked about pix, look online under unclehotrod13 i posted some under google+ or you tube... great place, great stories, sure do miss it, learned alot too...i mainly worked with Ted Wenz on the race team..

2. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Saw this post and first thought about Santo and Johnny Farina of "Sleepwalk" fame. :)

Nice period shots of what I believe was the first Ferrari dealership on Long Island. Here is a link that might get to the photos a little easier.

https://plus.google.com/photos/117349854514266840072/albums/6178840022044661841

Very interesting seeing the Countach with the backdrop of new 308s waiting to be sold/delivered. That 512BBLM belonged to the FCA Northeast Regional President at the time. What a treasure trove of talent was Grand Prix SSR. Many careers were forged or spawned there. Ted Wenz, Doug Pirrone, the incomparable Stan Nowak, and many many more. Virtually all went on to do great things involving Ferraris.

Thanks for digging up these photos and posting them.

3. Unclehotrod13

Unclehotrod13 Rookie

Jul 1, 2016
    Long island ny
    Full Name:
    Santo farina
    Actually, Santo from Santo and Johnny is my dad!! Alive and well, living in Setauket N. Y. Still plays the steel guitar, collects vintage Lincoln Continentals ..

4. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Ha! That is so cool! Rock on!

5. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Please thank your dad for me for his beautiful music. I grew up on Long Island in the 1950s and 1960s and remember "Santo and Johnny" very well. "Sleep Walk" is a frequent play on Sirius/XM today, 50 years later!