PIT Rally Race Central City Parkway | FerrariChat

PIT Rally Race Central City Parkway

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by 456rogers, Jul 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456rogers

456rogers Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Idaho Springs CO
  2. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    #2 ProRallyCodriver, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Looks like an accident waiting to happen or $grab.

Just anybodys in street cars in triple digits on road no rally sanctioning body in N America would race on, event insurance?, calling a hillclimb a rally, running a train of cars at once is crazy stupid idea, questionable volunteer staff and experience to adequally marshall roads, communications, timing scoring, EMS,.....

3. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Sounds like a good time to me, haha! :)

4. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Seriously Derek?

"Haha"? I've been at poorly planned or thought out motorsports events where people have died. Its never funny, especially to their families they leave behind. I'm no sissy motorsports is too dangerous nancyboy. Have competed in or organized more rallies and hillclimbs than likely anyone else on this forum and know a dumb idea when I see one.

Last time a roadracer group tried to organize a 'rally' event w/ a bling egotrip Youtube video but no clue how to organize one; people got hurt, lawsuits happened, lengthy legal battles over the subsequent Youtube videos of the accidents showing organizer's incompetence of providing a safe course, people who entered lost thousands of $ for events that never happened, the real sport of rally got bad media it did not deserve making the already difficult to get road-use permits more difficult from government or private road owners, insurers of racing events jacked up event insurance pricing real rallydrivers out of the real sport,......And they had much safer rules and roads than this new bunch of yahoos.

5. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    Have you actually talked to the event organizer?

Have you talked with Gilpin County emergency services and/or Sheriffs office?

Have you driven the road?

Do you have a clue what you are talking about?

Would it be okay if only "Pro Rally Drivers" were allowed to participate?

Us "Yahoos" in Colorado would kindly ask that you nanny the "Yahoos" in VA or wherever you're from and leave us Colorado "Yahoos" alone.

6. 456rogers

456rogers Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Idaho Springs CO
    I'm going and obviously I'm hoping all the negativity Pro Rally proposes does not come to fruition and everyone has a fun and safe time and nobody gets sued or hurt. I'm going to take the glass half full approach here :)To me its encouraging to see more motorsport events come to Colorado. Now if they would just build an F1 track......

7. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Lighten up, Dave, I was joking around around. If you're not interested in participating then why ruin the OP's thread? If you've got a problem with the Rally, contact the organizers directly.

8. ProRallyCodriver

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Can't fix stupid, just watch their ego youtube again. Compare their limited rules/requirements w/ any other hillclimb regulations and you'll see the difference. Its 2014, yet no HANS required?

The 'touring' class is worst. Most every HPDE on a track that has runoff and cushy tire walls requires you start w/ an instructor, not your 'passenger' buddy or girlfriend doubling the liabilty for giggles. Running a train w/ streetcars leaves no safety time margin for spins or crashes of previous cars. All drifting sanction events I know require cages and fire suits to tandem, let alone a train and are usually on a much safer track environment.

They have no experience organizing such an event and no say in the rules or procedures. If we are taking to them, stuff already happened. Gilpin Ambulance service has 3 ambulances, hardly enough for the event considering 14 people on course at once plus anything else that happens in 2 counties.

For what? Its a 4 lane superhighway w/ concrete jersey walls, gaurdrails and rock outcroppings. What other event can you name w/ or w/o rollcages that races off-track on such a road? Rally racing sanctioning bodies limit the average speed of roads and once that speed is reached, they cannot use the road again w/o modifications (shortened or chicanes). For World Rally Championship creme-of-crop pro drivers it was 80 MPH last FIA event I participated in. Rally America the same. In Canada its 120KM. A 2lane tarmac (paved) twisty and technical road its not too hard to average over 80MPH. A 4 lane superhighway would never be considered.

Read the first 3 letters of my username.

No. Rallycars are safer than the roadrace cars eligible. They require additional door bars, roof bars, gussets, ...than a roadracecar. Yet, no rally would be permitted to use a 4lane superhighway for any real length.

And it makes a difference where I live? I raced in Colorado plenty, perhaps more than you. The consequences can effect all racing in N America thru road-use permits and insurance.

Why am I ruining OP's thread here? Don't let some kid over his head in his ziptied driftocar he saved his whole allowance for behind or in front of you in a train ruin your exotic or worse. Wanna run the road, you'd be better alone latenight for free than in wanna-bes ego crazytrain.

9. daveshowey

daveshowey Karting

Apr 12, 2013
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    David
    What a buzzkill...

10. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2009
    He showed us Yahoos. Anyway I think I will still head up and shoot some video of someone having fun right before they crash and burn and ruin things for a pro rally driver on the other side of the country.

11. 456rogers

456rogers Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Idaho Springs CO
    I went to the practice session yesterday AM in the rain and in spite of horrible weather the turn out was decent....and nobody died or got sued.....looking forward to Saturday

12. Pixel6

Pixel6 Karting

Jul 6, 2013
    Denver
    Full Name:
    pixel
    #12 Pixel6, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. 456rogers

456rogers Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Idaho Springs CO