488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 75 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My 720 was about that msrp- I think a touch over 350k. I don’t think my trade in value would be 240k. I’d be happy if I could get that- not that I’m selling the car anytime soon.

2. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The roof scoop does provide extra cooling for those who track extensively, otherwise it is mainly ornamental (unlike the intake snorkel which enhances cockpit sound during all types of driving).

Those selecting it for its function should also be optioning the Senna rotors and harness bar to complete the track upgrades.

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Which “window”? I want to clear up any potential confusion surrounding the rear aero bridge. According to order guide, the rear aero bridge is the strip on either side of the rear window and includes the door winglet (just below the side windows).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gh21631 likes this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Rear Aero bridge is marked on your photo. Those 2 thin long stripes.

5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Agreed, but it also stretches well into the door in the form of the “winglets” near the door opening button.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think the aero bridge isn't worth it. It's a really expensive CF option. The best value is the full carbon side sills.

Coincid and Gh21631 like this.
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    My other 2 720s had most of the carbon exterior pieces but not the aero bridge and it didnt bother me.

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My 720 doesn't have it and it doesnt bother me at all.

Gh21631 likes this.
  9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I think the aero bridge is often skipped because it’s relatively discrete from most angles. However, it’s one of the first carbon pieces to greet you when you approach and open the door.

I personally see exterior carbon as an all or nothing decision. I’d rather have all palladium or gloss black than mix and match. Of course, there are exceptions like engine bays, roof rails etc which I consider to be independent ‘zones’.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The winglet is carbon fibre at no extra cost.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1861 Shadowfax, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    It gives a unique sound inside the cabin as well....as per paragraph 3 right hand column.

12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Nice, I wasn’t aware of that but truth be told, I’ve never noticed a sound emanating from the scoop on my Senna which performs the same function. I know the engine window is designed to allow more sound to enter into the cockpit, probably through the grill behind it.

I have wondered if these scoops affect airflow to the rear wing?

13. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Are you certain of that? The order guide seems to imply that the carbon door winglet is part of the aero bridge package?

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Door winglet comes in standard carbon fibre. No charge.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Are you sure about this? I assumed it would match the aero bridge.

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #1866 Coincid, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    My dealer specifically advised that the winglet comes with standard cf. No charge.Same with front fender louvers, hood inserts and partial steering wheel as well as 12 o’clock coloured stripe on the steering wheel.

Gh21631 likes this.
  17. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Thought this was a Pista thread, I’ve read only about McLarens, why not just do this on a McLaren thread?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Katonk, LVP488, JackCongo and 7 others like this.
  18. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Lol and here I have a Pista and wondering wtf is going on. I have been scouring the McLaren chat and it would seem like they would have a thread there. I almost want to run to the Collection in Miami and see if anyone dropped out of an allocation. I just think collectively there would be more participation and interest from a broader group if it was 765 specific. Crazy...but I did learn a lot about the car.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Probably because the topic ran out of steam about 70 pages back and due to the discussion becoming circular the majority participating here opted to pursue an interim line of discussion about the 765 - being a competitor for Pista - awaiting for someone - like yourself perhaps? - to bring something new to the table.:)

20. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    With a view to bringing this back on topic there are 4.5 times as many coupes for sale in the UK as Spiders and the prices do not seem to be holding up yet.

Lowest coupe circa £270k with 9k miles, next lowest £285k with 3.5k miles

Spider lowest £390k with 1.6k miles

As of the 30th if June 2020 there were a total of 510 Spiders and Couoes delivered to the UK, were are around 10% of world wide deliveries so 5.1k total coupes and spiders delivered globally using that number. Q3 numbers will be out in December so I can post updated numbers of UK deliveries then

Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BarryK likes this.
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Pista used market in USA is pretty packed. There’s some incredibly beautiful examples for sale but they’re near half a mil. The lower specced ones have lowered the asking price by about $40-50k in the last month.

22. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    I selected the roof scoop with all exterieur carbon but not the Senna rotors. I do track often and want first to see how long the normal rotors last, and then eventually upgrade on the senna rotors.
    Never had any problems with my 675lt rotors on track nor the P1 brake rotors on track as well, so i think the 765lt rotors will do fine. May change the brake pad first instead.

The scoop, i was told by Mso will cool down the engine whilst on racetrack or highspeed runs on the Autobahn by about 10degres celsius by just blowing fresh air on top of the engine. This is in my books a big plus, because it is the first scoop of mclaren with a function.
    On the P1 and 675lt the sccop provided intake air, but there was already enought intake air, otherwise the non scoop 675lt would have had big problems, so there (675lt) was not really an aditional function, opposite to the 765lt scoop

23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My build came in at $417k. I didn't go crazy in carbon. Pretty reasonable all things considered.

Boomhauer, Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  24. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London

5k Pistas globally sounds about right to me.

I have been monitoring UK prices for a while, as I am considering switching from a 488 to a Pista.

I don't want to pay a premium over list - prices seem to have eased a bit over the last few months, and maybe they will fall a bit more over the winter period.

25. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think you are right, if they get to 250k they are an absolute bargain!
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app