488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 55 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    605 was including the 10% buyers fee so $544 was was the sale price. If I were in the market for a Pista Spider I would expect to pay MSRP + maybe 25% based on this sale.

leopoldo likes this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yes and this year will be even bigger.

3. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    the sale price is 605, this is what the buyer paid to have the car. 550 was the highest bid
    so finally +166 over MSRP.....no bad for a basic Pista Spider

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

SECRET and Ash Patel like this.
  4. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Sold for 605 no bad for a quite basic pista spider

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Looks like flippers are still in business..takes more than Covid to kill em off

GoHardGT3RS and mdrums like this.
  6. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    It has been quoted by several news outlets so it is accurate

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    How does one get hands on them in the first place? I thought the whole point of selling these cars is only to those who will drive them and not flip them... perhaps they will be banned by FNA?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I guess report is not accurate
    Car fits Sport Cup 2 tires

Image Unavailable, Please Login

SECRET likes this.
  9. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Why a spider instead of a more “serious” coupe version of this lightweight version of the car?

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Precisely. Sale price is not what the seller received but what the buyer paid. And 605 is at or above what 458SA's are trading for.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SECRET likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Don't know about the US. In Europe there wasn't a lot of B.S whith buying things. Here in Europe most drive theirs. My buddy has used his Pista Spider as a DD since he received it at the end of March. Car now has 5000 km on it, been on track three times and the tyres are down to the indicators. That was in two months. Fact is that garage queens have no actual value. Drive it or sell it.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yes that number was accurate. What's quite interesting is the fact that on top of that, McLaren pulled out all the stops to attract new high end clients. The mere mentioning to your local McLaren rep that you were considering running the Challenge got you an invitation to test the GT4 and what not. Then they would sell the idea of you entering the GT4 by offering you allocations for their top line of special cars. It all seemed very frantic, if not down right desperate. Unfortunately they had few takers and it did not work. Doubt McLaren as a supercar company will be around for much longer. Now COVID-19 has put an even bigger hurting on them and I very much doubt the government will bail them out at this stage. That would be political suicide in a world where we are seen as environment devils and supercar manufactures are the spawn of Satan. Only way I see them getting out of this one is private funding and whom would be crazy enough for that?

13. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I am all for driving these cars, but to say garage queens have value? Unless you have spent the past 10 years on a nearby planet, that plainly has not been the case.

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    McLaren is in dire financial straits at this time. Laying off 1200 employees. Debt has drastically increased , revenue has significantly decreased in 2019 and even more steeply in 2020. Government funds have been denied and no luck attracting private investors. The purchase of a 765LT given these circumstances is a precarious proposition.

Carrerarsr and Jo Sta7 like this.
  15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #1365 IPO1, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Here is a better read on exactly what is transpiring. 765LT is still on track, but with current issues, car cycle will be two years behind.

That is not good news and I hate to see this.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32668366/mclaren-financial-troubles-revealed/

And Q1 financial results:

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/05/28/mclaren-q1-financial-results/

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The situation is very concerning and the future of the company highly precarious.

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    “Still on track” is exactly what I’d expect a CEO to say who didn’t want customers to cancel orders on a $500k+ car that was in jeopardy of not coming.

18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The uncertainty regarding McLaren’s future would give any normal enthusiast pause before committing $500,000 towards a 765LT no matter how astonishing the performance is likely to be. As a lover of all cars, especially, but not just Ferrari, this situation with McLaren disappoints me greatly. As is almost always the case, the candle that burns brightest, burns quickest.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    We need Mclaren to survive since competition in the super car arena only benefits buyers of all brands.

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree. The 720s really pushed the game forward. I hope they can pull through.

Ash Patel, dustman and Thecadster like this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1371 Shadowfax, May 29, 2020
    I know this is a Ferrari forum but don't get too carried away here. 1200 employees is not their entire workforce - represents only 25%. I imagine the other 75% are still building cars....like the 765 LT which will whip a few asses.:D Pista, F8 and Gt2 rs being the first ones that come to mind. SF90 looks to be skating on very thin ice as well.. Clearly their business model needs attention but I cant see them out of the game permanently least of all for any length of time before someone else steps in to take command....or buy out at the right money.

Shack likes this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Would you fork over almost $1M Aus for a 765LT now?

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1373 Shadowfax, May 29, 2020
    A respectably optioned one is getting well above 800 here, which I personally think is too much given Pista was sub 800 and Mac does have financial jitters. No harm in asking bigger $ but with numbers capped at 765 globally and numbered vins does keep availability far more limited than say Pista or Gt2rs. But would I fork over. Hmmm I'd be lying if i said I wasn't seriously thinking about it. I would feel more comfortable at a lesser figure. I think it will be a sensational car. I'd take a punt on one before an F8 (no offense) because it will undoubtedly be more exciting to drive. I think at the current pricing in the current market it's a tall ask....about 100k too heavy....desirably less all things considering. Let's see how it plays out.

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    When I spec'd the car I was pleasantly surprised that the price of the 765LT was very reasonable given the competition and it being a limited, numbered edition . I furthermore have no issues with the car itself which I fully expect to be uniquely special. My concern presently is the financial status of the company. Even being somewhat optimistic that the car will be produced and delivered as expected, what does the future hold in terms of service, parts availability and in the most dire circumstance, the company ceasing operations.

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    There will be a buyer somewhere.
    After all, look at GM still making cars.
    Always a helping hand to be found.

Shack likes this.