488 - Pistas selling for less than MSRP... | Page 49 | FerrariChat

488 Pistas selling for less than MSRP...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Mar 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    We're sliding off-topic now... but 53% depreciation in 4 years is brutal (a level more expected for a regular car than for a supercar...)
    The issue with the 675LT is that it's not faster than a 488 GTB, so for a modern "radical" car it's a disappointment; if the goal is a rawer experience and speed is no object, a Scuderia is a better proposition, and if speed is the goal, a 720S is a better proposition.
    A Pista is better than all these choices, but still much more expensive at current levels (which are still not much lower than MSRP...)

Wikdstrate and Thecadster like this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Highlights from Q1- 2020- Ferrari Earnings

Units sold- 2738- up 4.9%- mainly due to robust deliveries of Pista coupe/spider. Pista deliveries will continue in Q2.
    China, Taiwan and HK - drop in sales of 291 units.

F8 spider deliveries to start in Q2.
    SF90 - to start in Q3.
    Highest amount of cancellations in US and Australia.

3. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    As a previous owner of a 488, I can say the LT is faster. I dare say the LT feels as fast as my Pista. Actually, it’s quite hard to compare since the Pista delivers a rush of instant torque whereas the LT builds up boost gradually but has a violent top end punch. The solution is to own both :)

Bundy likes this.
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I bought a Demon brand new and daily drive it. Currently 23,000 miles and I love it!

5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The 675LT is amazing, the hard part is finding the right spec, in the right condition, with the right history. For whatever reason, it’s hard to find a good car, which is why you see those cars languish on sale forever.

Napoli, F2003-GA and Gh21631 like this.
  6. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I don't think you're being genuine or completely honest when you're calling the depreciation "brutal" on the McLaren. I know everyone likes to slag McLaren's resale, but the 675 listed in Atlanta has 15k miles in a so-so desirable color... What do you think a 15k mile 2016 488GTB with a big MSRP would be worth? I'll give you a hint: probably not much more than that 675LT...

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Can't compare the 488 to the 675LT. The latter is a limited,special edition numbered, track focused car. It should be more valuable than a regular production 488.

GoHardGT3RS likes this.
  8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The specific issue is that while it's faster in drag races it's actually not (or very marginally) faster on a track, which leads to question the efficiency of its engineering. And while some people may not care, it's important for me since I like to value the engineering achievements.

9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    One of my favorite cars. Fell in love with a green one once. Nowhere to be seen in Europe, much to my disgust. Importing from the US unfortunately is a mountain I’ve never been inclined to climb.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

10. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I agree, although I just wanted to add that there’s two sides to engineering efficiency. In my humble opinion, one can have too much of that. In general, I regard McLarens as being much more scientific and efficient than a mainstream Ferrari (gearbox operation being a telltale sign).

Talking about a car, logic would make me want a McLaren, but that’s precisely why I prefer any Ferrari.

Efficient cars, though a desirable goal, are a dime a dozen. Like Wiston Churchill is said to once having said, I prefer an interesting vice to an ordinary virtue.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The 720 is supposedly faster than Senna at higher speeds due to drag already, so it stands to reason the 765 will be faster still. As to the SF, I would imagine the 765 will lose out at launch and I dont think the numbers say its a great comparison in 0-124. But I bet over an even longer distance it will reel in the SF because the SF is much heavier and loses the e motors at the front end somewhere around 130mph. However, I can tell you, I will never touch those speeds on the open road and at the track when I sense the speed building much past 120 I kind of hold it steady, these are still street cars, so my rule of thumb is 120-130 is my v max. Others will go faster, thats cool, Ill catch you in the corners!

Yes, but its simple, they don't have the link to Ferrari. You could then say a Nissan GTR goes faster than XYZ car. Or a Corvette. The new Vette does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds! For like $60k! Thats the same as the 720 McLaren! (or the other cars here). For many of us, there is a value to looking down at the steering wheel and seeing the horse. I am very impressed with the 600LT but its not in the same league in terms of power. It reminds me more of a newer age 458, its playful and fun. I would think the 2 McLaren's I would want if I were into them are the 675 and the 600.

Right you are! And don't let the haters get you down. They are entitled to their opinions, but they would carry more weight if they were writing the check!

AlfistaPortoghese and Ash Patel like this.
  12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Haters aren't ever writing checks, they just troll the forums. Its OK to say a car is not for me for whatever reason but dont ***** on someone else's choice.

13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    totally agree. I can afford most cars, I choose to buy certain ones but I appreciate all the greats. Same with watches. There are brands I wouldn’t buy but I certainly appreciate their history and quality. This hating game is too dumb.

14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    back to the original thread subject .. I bought a Red Pista today finally ..my observation from shopping for a PISTA for months is that the high dollar Pistas take a big hit and the middle range cars in the low to mid 4s can be bought for sticker or a little less .. the ones over 500 can be bought for significantly below sticker that is my story today..interestingly I had contacted several dealers in my travels offering sticker price for red pista that I might like then today I had an influx of people contacting with red pistas no kidding I think I had 4 different cars from 3 different dealers at the same time ...all at sticker or so ...
    interesting day .. but I have a deal .. SO the thing to know is the prices will collapse now that I bought one ....

Musicman, Manda racing, epah and 17 others like this.
  15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Whats on ur list of greats?

16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Congrats! Can’t wait to read about the details.

LARRYH likes this.
  17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Is this ur second one?? Congrats brah!

LARRYH likes this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Post up a link or pic when you can. Congratulations, you will really enjoy it.

LARRYH likes this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Per your experience it seems that they are holding pretty well then when you consider the current market.

LARRYH likes this.
  20. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    no first one could not get an allocation .. just seems like 2nd

ttforcefed and Gh21631 like this.
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    by greats I’m referring to OEMs. Cars though of course I have a list who doesn’t.

22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015

congrats. please post pictures, preferably with hot chicks next to it, so that all these haters since noone1 was gone can be distracted for a while.

LARRYH likes this.
  23. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Surprised that PIsta production will,continue into Q2 when you can buy a 300 mile 2020 one for an offer. There are plenty of Pistas...some orders cancelled due to COVID-19 business conditions and cars consigned back to dealers to sell. I also understand that there are some at the factory still waiting to be completed from previous orders. I wanted a,Pista but got the run around .....after one year of waiting for an F8 allocation cancelled my order one month ago and bought a spectacularly optioned 2020 Pista which was delivered to the owner Jan 15.

Manda racing, LARRYH, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  24. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Congrats. I’m up to about 1000 miles on mine. It’s really starting to open up! Amazing car!!

Manda racing, johnr265 and LARRYH like this.