Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If you do black pack, all those carbon pieces you mentioned are done in gloss black to round out the look. No carbon roof for me as its a spider.

2. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Carbon roof meaning the the actual roof panel or just the frame as offered in carbon pack 3? I find it looks strange having the frame in carbon while the large rectangular roof panels in gloss black.

I believe the carbon roof panels are a very pricey MSO option - at least it was on the Senna. I went for an all gloss black roof canopy on my 765 to have a homogenous finish.

SoCal to az likes this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #753 Shadowfax, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Not the front guard vents or mirrors.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #754 Shadowfax, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Agree the full CF roof looks more bespoke and certainly adds that very special look to the car. The same applies to the CF bridge which really ties all the upper CF in seamlessly particularly the mirrors and the rear upper venting which sit very close by. In addition to this when you look down the top/side of the car the bridge flows nicely into the front guard and bonnet vents. Its a much more cohesive look when all these parts are in the same material.

The bridge is actually a much bigger deal than what most would think when specing and imo its a key option even though its not cheap. But once you get to see it in the flesh you get a much better understanding of why its so costly as all the weave runs perfectly in the same direction even in the winglets regardless of the change in surfaces and, you see and touch these winglets everytime you open/close the doors.

ScrappyB, Gh21631, Jo Sta7 and 3 others like this.
  5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Definitely do the sills, they’re cheap and look good. I’m talking about the aero bridge or whatever Mclaren calls that’s piece that’s actually inside the door (which is effectively hollow). It’s pretty visible due to how low the car is and I wish I’d have done mine in Carbon.

Thecadster likes this.
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You beat me to it. I wish I’d have done the bridge in carbon fiber. I still might add it.

Frankly the reason I didn’t spec it up front was it’s quite pricey and I thought that it would barely be visible. It’s quite visible and it’s actually a really interesting piece on the car being effectively inside the door panel. Going back, I would have added it.

Thecadster likes this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I think it’s pretty easy to retrofit the aero bridge. And probably cheaper after the fact too.

Gh21631 likes this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I am referring to the entire roof. The cars roof line is so low that you see it evertime you walk up to it.

ScrappyB likes this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I left the bridge out but may add it. I am being told that it is an easy replacement.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Would you have the dealer source the part and do the work?

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Either through the dealer or these guys www.Evolution-Automotive.com

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Correct. those are the only two items that are not gloss black. Everything else is.

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Sills are full carbon. The aero bridge is what is in the picture- is this what you are referring to?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

As far as the Black Pack- which is what I am doing - here is the description from the website:

MSO Black Pack
    This pack includes: Front Splitter, Rear Bumper & Diffuser, Front Number Plate Plinth, Hood Air Intakes*, Front Air Intakes, Lower Side Air Intake, Door Mirror Casings*, Door Winglet, Window Surrounds (720S Spider only), Side Skirts, Rear Aero Bridge, Door Closure Panel, Rear Fender Air Intakes*, B-Pillar and Tonneau Cover (720S Spider only) finished in Gloss Black. *These items are available to switch to Gloss Visual Carbon Fibre as a No Cost Option. MSO Black Pack is compatible with other exterior carbon fibre options.

Essentially Black Pack gives a very cohesive look to the car from the outside where all pieces match.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The arrows near the spoiler- rear fender intake - standard high gloss CF
    Other arrows- Aero Bridge- standard is dark palladium.

SoCal to az likes this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    ok got it. Mine is all black due to the Black Pack. cohesive look for me. Interior is all carbon.

Coincid likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I considered Tokyo cyan and black pack on my incoming yettobeofficiallyconfirmed McLaren spider model but switched to a historical multi layer paint instead, which I think works better with exposed gloss carbon accents. Black back suits non metallic paints in my opinion (such as Nardo orange above).

SoCal to az likes this.
  19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Gloss black looks great. CF looks great. Dark Palladium in combination with CF looks great. Its all about personal preference because all the Dark Palladium pieces are raw CF. There is no weight or structural advantage which ever route you take. The black pack is a lot of money when it really should not cost more than the standard palladium, which instead of simply being high gloss black paint, has a metallic spec which is very noticeable in the sunlight. My wife claimed that if the standard finish was high gloss black and the Dark Palladium was a $20K option, buyers would opt for the Palladium.

BJK and SoCal to az like this.
  20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Right, I like the look of the black pack I just think it’s hideously expensive for not being carbon.

ScrappyB likes this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This is how messed up the exotic car world is. While I agree that 18k for black trim is as you put it hideously expensive- I’m thinking to my self- hey….that’s a bargain! lol. I need therapy.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In the world of super cars, very few buyers will pass on an $18K option if it enhances the car’s appearance.

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Maybe everyone knows this but the black pack is all carbon painted black which is part of the reason for its expense. Yes I agree carbon is way overpriced.

24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I specced a few pieces around the roof and rear deck in gloss black (vs palladium) but could have had exposed gloss carbon for the same price. It’s a head scratcher but I made myself feel better by declining the $3,500 12 o’clock marker on the steering wheel.

25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    $3500 for the marker???Holy crap. I know what Im eliminating from my spec. lol

Jo Sta7 likes this.