Pista Spider body flex? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista Spider body flex?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BarryK, Jun 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Don't care is my feeling. I bought the 488 Spider for the top down aspect and the fact that I think it is a super good looking car. It performs well on the track, I was able to get around the track faster in that car than my 991tts so I guess it didn't limit my track enjoyment. I am not a professional driver so I am not buying the car for the track. I thought the real attraction to the Pista Spider was the fact that it's limited and it's super good looking. I have to say though that I do like the ride of my 812 much better than the 488 Spider. Seems like this is another bash Ferrari and chupa la verga de McLaren thread.

2. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    QUOTE="wrs, post: 147286329, member: 180884"]Don't care is my feeling. I bought the 488 Spider for the top down aspect and the fact that I think it is a super good looking car. It performs well on the track, I was able to get around the track faster in that car than my 991tts so I guess it didn't limit my track enjoyment. I am not a professional driver so I am not buying the car for the track. I thought the real attraction to the Pista Spider was the fact that it's limited and it's super good looking. I have to say though that I do like the ride of my 812 much better than the 488 Spider. Seems like this is another bash Ferrari and chupa la verga de McLaren thread.[/QUOTE]
    I had to look up what “chupa la verga”, real nice. I wasn’t aware that it was frowned upon to discuss or manufactures of cars. I own 2 Ferrari’s and enjoy constructive comments about other cars. Must just be the snowflake cancel culture we live in.;)

3. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    So this weekend, I drove almost 150km in the Pista spider delivered last week. It seems that a lot of the flexing noises are coming from the right hand side of the where the hard top is stored. Very noticeable when going over a bump with just the rear left wheel. I wonder if there is an fit issue, and the dealer is going to look at it this week. Otherwise, the car is very enjoyable and great performance/handling for an open top. Just a shame the engine sound isn't quite there which is what you want with the top down.

4. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Update: after nearly two weeks back at the dealer, the car came back with repair to "excess play in the hood mechanism on one side". Now sounds better over bumps, and a little bit better than my old 430 spider in regard to flexing.

WARPSPEED likes this.