Pista allocation with premium price? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Pista allocation with premium price?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by darrencsh, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Angry Pinchy and Shadowfax like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes he is not only advanced in wealth creation but also procreation! to have a second grader at 15 is impressive.

Shadowfax and paulchua like this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    why aim so low - at least go for a 5270 replacement!!

paulchua likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    paulchua likes this.
  7. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    better chance of getting a pista at MSRP.

8. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    I'm just a 30 year old who likes cars. I do understand your point about enjoying things young, what is left after a pista. the original reason I joined and commented was because I got one.

9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    When Daddy was a managing director for JPM getting his kid a Palladium card isn't a big deal... if it's even his. All of the other ********, the watch company, the equity line, blanket line with Putnam; all of it is nonsense. If it actually existed the verbiage used and questions/discussions by the poster would read very differently. But we're all stupid. None of us know how any of it works. None of us can sniff out bs because we've had these kinds of people float in and quickly out of our circles over the years. If it works for Instagram readers it must work on Fchat. :rolleyes:

paulchua likes this.
  10. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    I have connections in nyc watch business who I see weekly for lunch, who does this guy say he is. they will know right away.

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    correct, especially before the moved it to UHNW recently. Before all you needed to get it for your whole family was just 250K in assets.

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh boy indeed!
    I engaged in some mental gymnastics thinking about the layers of sociopathy involved with that post.
    I can't believe he literally wrote a fake story about a teacher calling him a docuhe bag for being conspicuous with his wealth while dropping off his imaginary daughter. The very act of creating a completely false story about his douchedom, is in itself the very affirmation of it!

As if I yell I am an honest man while robbing a person.

Agreed, I hope he considers investing not in cars, but professional therapy.

Challenge and Shadowfax like this.
  13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Wondering how he managed to get TWO Pista's? I'm guessing through the flipper network?

14. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I hate to tell you this but you’ll learn really quickly when you go to cars and coffee that no one cares about any cars other then hypercars . Pista , 720, gt2rs , sv , performante , 812, f12 , etc don’t get much attention If pagani, bugatti’s, Enzo , f40, f50, laferrari , ksegg, p1, senna and 918 are around

Gh21631 and paulchua like this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    yeah true but where you live really makes a difference

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  16. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    yes that is true some of those cars are on my wanted list. it also goes the other way. the other day in nyc an old Gallardo wrapped chrome gold was next to my 812 in traffic and everyone was like wow a Lamborghini.

ewright likes this.
  17. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter

I have a better story

I went to track at Cota and I was in the hotel parking lot with a P1 and a kid came up to me and asked if he could take a picture . I said yes, and he starts to take pictures of the corvette zr1 parked beside me . Vette owner and myself got a good kick out of that one.

18. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    yea that tops mine. hey at least he's got passion for what he likes. but deep down it does sting when it happens. at least until I slam on the gas and forget about it listening to my engine.

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Isn't everyone getting 2 Pistas? Heck I'm getting two FXX-K Evos for just doing donuts on my private personal airport and a third to staple to my bedroom ceiling ;)

20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #296 Shadowfax, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Wowww!!!

Bullshitting about dropping off his daughter (him being age 15) whilst being a "sock puppet" to other members in the process. I'd have to say it's game over!

Good chance he doesn't own anything and the pics are just stage props.....all part of the grand charade. What next? It was Yang Yang's performance last week and now this? OMG! He's definitely outdone both Yang Yang and Noone with this performance....deserving of an Oscar! I take my hat off to him over this.....ought to be given a standing ovation!

paulchua and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  22. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    2? you must be a plebeian I ordered 2-4 every month for this year alone, I won't even pick them up.

nads likes this.
  23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Oligarch_NY likes this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical

paulchua and Shadowfax like this.
  25. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Just to step back a bit, on how things work sometimes;

I do know people who do buy 20 cars per year. They have passion for cars. They aren't flippers and they just like to have cool things. I know a couple of them on these forums who own 80+ cars and they are all the very, very cool kind.

A lot of the people who Pretend to own the cars are people who take care of the cars for the owners. Some of them are fronts for an owner or group of owners. Nothing nefarious, it's just that they have the connections and knowledge to navigate the process.

A lot of these third party exotic dealers are owned by the same principals as Ferrari/mclaren/lambo dealers. A lot of these delivery mile cars will be sold on behalf of the dealer by the third party exotic dealer. In other cases, a front person just buys the cars on behalf of the third party dealer with full knowledge of the primary dealer and then sold through the third party exotic dealer. Not all mclaren/ferrari/lambo dealers can move inventory so this is the medium they use and there will be a front person.

Entertainers/Athletes will buy through "agents" who act as a front for them.

Many of the high end owners around the globe have handlers in multiple countries and they buy cars on behalf of those owners and take care of them for them. (one such person I know has 400 cars).