Pirelli P Zero Tire Wear | FerrariChat

Pirelli P Zero Tire Wear

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by paversano, Jul 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paversano

paversano Rookie

Mar 23, 2017
    I have a 2016 F12 that I purchased with 2800 miles, and put about 1000 miles on it since purchased - so a total of almost 4000 miles.

I recently punctured one of the rear tires which had to be replaced, and the dealer told me the tread was low. Now I don’t beat on my cars - I don’t think I’ve spun the tires even once - but I don’t know how hard the previous driver drove the car or whether it’s been tracked or not.

Question is with normal driving conditions how much mileage should I be able to get on these Pirelli P Zero tires before they should be replaced? And if so, what are the views as to replacing one tire or only replacing them in pairs?

Thx in advance for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    If prior owner thrashed the tires without giving them a proper break-in, that could be the problem. Performance tires need to be carefully heat cycled for a few hundred miles to ensure longevity and proper function.

3. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Definitely replace in pairs, or you’ll be chasing the one-tire-good, one-tire-worn issue forever.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app