Pininfarina Badge? | FerrariChat

Pininfarina Badge?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Automoblog, May 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    Hey guys, I was just looking and got curious..

I see on the F12 Berlinetta, the Pininfarina badging is visible on side of the car under the Scuderia badge on the fender.

But I can’t seem to find it on the TdF though. Is there a reason it’s absent from the TdF?

2. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Good question. I wonder about that myself as well!

Automoblog likes this.
  3. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    The F12 was designed by Pininfarina but the TDF is designed by Ferrari's design centre.

4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The F12 Berlinetta was the last Ferrari to wear the Pininfarina badge. Below I post a first picture of my F12 without the Pininfarina badge that was taken after the car was wrapped and while it was waiting for the new badges to arrive and be installed. The second picture shows the car with the badge and despite it being so discrete we notice it makes a difference.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

kandi, otakki, Wheels1 and 2 others like this.
  5. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    Wow, the is really subtle... fantastic car by the way! I really wonder why I don't see any Pinin badge on the TdF...

MDEL likes this.
  6. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    That's what I figured, but if I was Pininfarina I'd still say the base of the TdF's design is my work and would want the badge on that, but I'm sure things were sorted between Ferrari and Pininfarina on that. Very interesting and thanks for the info!

7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    You're right but Flavio Manzoni and Ferrari's design centre they thought differently.

Automoblog likes this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If that were the case, every current Ferrari (potentially not the Monza) would have a PF badge starting with the Speciale! In 15 days we'll see if that has changed.

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    In the mean time I remembered and episode that happened while my F12 Pininfarina's new badges where being placed after the car was wrapped. My detailer, the shop boss, asked one of his trainees to place the badges and gave him indications and a piece of paper with the distances he should measure in order that the badges where put in the correct positions (picture 1). After the guy placed the first badge (picture 2) I looked at the car and I can't explain why but something felt wrong so I request the presence of the detail shop boss and when he looked he immediately said " The badge is the wrong position". Fortunately the glue wasn't dry yet so they removed it easily and placed it after where it should be. Then they did also the right side of the car but this time correctly (picture 3).
    Before I mentioned that when we look sideways at a F12 without the Pininfarina badge we feel something is missing. However if the badge is in the wrong position the feeling definitely is that something is wrong.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

otakki and Automoblog like this.
  10. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    Good point. Like I said, I'm sure there was some type of agreement between Pinin and Ferrari's design centre. I always loved the history behind the badge so I am sad it's not longer on the cars...

11. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    That's funny... You're completely right about the badge being in the right spot and not there at all.. I'm sure that trainee won't make that mistake again! I'm glad it was able to be remedied pretty easily.

MDEL likes this.