Pictures of our new house | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Pictures of our new house

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Amir, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    yes, i would say a museum piece classic ferrari would fit that type of house the best. maybe a testa rossa, but onthe other hand, an F50 would look sweet in there. any other suggestions?

2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Original Testarossa, 250 Cali Spyder or a Rolls.

It's a stately mansion...needs a car with suitable glamour or grandeur.

3. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Dude, what's up with the shack???? How can you live in such a rat-hole???? It's such a shame when you see people all over the globe living in poverty, when we have such poverty here that isn't addressed!!!!

With only 18,000 sq. ft., it must be terrible trying to be the first one into the 14 bathrooms in the morning. How does a family survive????? Where do you sleep???? With only 26 bedrooms, there must be people banging into each other all night long.

I really feel bad for you to have to live like this. My only advise is to keep your chin up, work hard, and be thankful for the small things you do have. Your time will come, don't worry. There's nothing shameful about being poor.

4. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX

Thanks for the advice :)

Sorry guys, I've been tied up with various errands today and haven't been able to check the post.

As far as my father's profession, he's a male dancer.....

No no, I'm just kidding. He's a physician :)

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Can I and the 348 come and visit?? I actually get to Houston every year or so!!! I can help fill up floor space!!!

DrS

6. kickus

kickus Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Maybe a vintage F1 car?

7. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    The interior is incredible, extremely well done.

8. francisco j. quinones

francisco j. quinones Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Panama City,FL
    Full Name:
    Francisco J. Quinones
    Stunning,beautiful house.love the interior design and the indirect lighting.
    Excellent use of colors and textures,very elegant indeed.
    Congrats.

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Amir- withought going into two pages of detail:

-Treatments are from Auralex, and RPG. Carpentry, etc is all custom.

-The Fiber-optic celing is my own design, generation 2 LED based (with falling stars). I am already working on a gen3 design, which will include various UV activated 'sky' scenes and transitions (the sun can actually set while you watch) as well as a very slight twinkle effect and finally the ability to mount a sterially accurate night sky.

We actually haven't decided on the seats yet, may go fully custom for this one.

-Lighing control is via Lutron Grafik-Eye system, currently it's own node, but it can be tied into the rest of the facuility. This is real slick in that the user has just 4 buttons that read for example: "Movie" "Enter/Exit" "Meeting" "Relaxation" and the like. You just hit a button depending on the mood you're in, and the 11 circuits ajust accordingly.

-Projector is a Vidikron Vision One (basically a hoped up Electrohome 9500LC in a sexy case. It is one sexy case though.) Processor is a Farouja, I can't recall the exact number. It's not an NRS, as the tube projector does not have a single 'native rate' (though it does have a certin rate it looks best at, approximately beam width at viewing angle on the screen.)

-Screen is a Stewart Vari-Mask in StudioTek 130

-The electronics are Lexicon MC-12B with Krell FPB amplification.

-Loudspeakers are 5 Wilson WATTs, with the addition of one SHOW subwoffer. The system is as focused on music as it is on theater.

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Ben: what is the room going to be like, given that it will be used for music just as well as movies?

--Dan

11. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    What type of physician is he?

I am not trying to start anyting I'm just curious. I well aware the physicians make good money and it is a very respected job. And your house is amazing at Im not doubting it belongs to your father or anthing like that.

But is there anything else your dad, maybe did to make his money?
    Just thinking about, it was said the house cost 8mill, and that your dad is not into cars but jets, well what kinda of jets? Golfstreams, falcons, leers? Anyways jets cost between 5 to 20 mill. And you said jets so that is plural so we will say 2 of them total at 15mill. So house and jets is going right around 23million dollars! Plus you add in the everything else you need in life and you have alot more cash going into that number. Once again im not trying to start anything im just saying that is alot of cash for a physician to puting out.

12. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    If I'm not mistaken, I think his dad also owns several gas stations. I remeber this from the Mercedes forum. I didn't know his dad was a doctor too. Looking at that house makes me want to reevaluate my career choices thats for sure. Amir, congrats buddy, enjoy the new house. :)

13. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    F360: Fractional ownership.

14. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Oo ok yea that makes sense.

15. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Amir,

Just wanted to say the house is beyond beautiful. I am a big fan of nice homes, and yours ranks up there with some of the best I've ever seen.

If you are interested in sharing more details of the home or pictures, I would love to see. I really like the grand entrance, and the light-dome thing. I would love to know more about the construction, inspiration for the design, time to build, features, anything "special" like networking throughout, electrical, lighting, etc, or even how you went about creating such a masterpiece. I only ask out of admiration of your effort, and because some day I will build my masterpiece (I can only dream it could be as grand as yours!) and any information, tips, or ideas are welcome.

I am sure you and your father are proud - and with good reason!

16. NOCAR

NOCAR Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Reminds me of the plastic surgeon in Cali. that I read about that has a GII or GIV or some such mystical transport.
    He pioneered the old vaginal nip and tuck for the cougars with enough dough to rebuild, balance and blueprint the old power unit. He flies all over doing these little jobs in various cities. I had a similar job in high school working in a canary but I digress... So now some of these women are their husbands age but are equipped just like the 20 year old secretary. Have to hand it to this guy for really using his noodle. Must be a real artist by now. Have you seen any of his work?

Off topic response but just the physician/jet thing caught my attention. Nice shack Amir.

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ROTFLMAO!! He's now Jacko's payroll (net 180) sweating the bill.

DL

18. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Dan- it is pretty much a listening room, acoustic foam (Auralex Metrofoam) dominates, though it's not the egg-crate crap you usually see. It looks like curtins untill you are very close.

The design is approximately halfway between say a traditional living room, and a profesional recording studio. We are 'floating' the floor on isolaters (to decouple the environment from the room, and vicea versa.) This room, while hardly unattractive, is about performance first, with asthetics's form following the room's function. It's going to be pretty sweet.

19. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm going to buy you a case of robovacs for Christmas.....forget the butler and maid, they can clean the furniture, and planes

20. threesixty db

threesixty db Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2002
    Canada
    Beautiful house. It looks so shiny and new! It's also looking a little empty...would love to see pictures once the furniture is in.

My cousins place is also amazing, couldn't believe it the first time I saw it. The last couple of years he made additions, it's probably close to 50,000sq ft now, unreal!

21. radiohead

radiohead Rookie

Oct 25, 2005
    florida/colombia
    Full Name:
    Juan Valdez

no physician that I know..unless, he is a high volume cataract/refractive eye surgeon, drug dealer pain medicine doc, plastic surgeon to the stars, neurosurgeon/orthopedic spine surgeon who fuses everything in site and committing fraud could afford a house like that:) but that's just me...

22. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    Stop bumping old threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    LOL, exactly what I was thinking

24. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    SECONDED!!!!!

--Dan

25. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Not quite complete without a Mondial in the garage.