[PICS] Ferrari 360 wheels on my '91 Testarossa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

[PICS] Ferrari 360 wheels on my '91 Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by GrandSportC3, Nov 18, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Olivier - 88564 is stunning with those 360 rims!!!! I'm glad she found a great home with you!!!! Enjoy!!!! - Dwight

2. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Oliver,

Do you mean where the hex finishes at the largest part of the cone or at the smallest part of the cone?

Paul

3. GrandSportC3

GrandSportC3 Karting

Oct 8, 2005
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    So far I'm having a lot of fun with her!! At this point, she's exactly the way I want her... Those new rims look really classy.. If I'm going to compete at Ferrari shows, I'll have to put the TR wheels back on to get more points.... but otherwise, I really love the 360 wheels.. I also posted pics at the Corvetteforum to share with my fellow Corvette friends and just about everyone loves those rims on the car...

4. GrandSportC3

GrandSportC3 Karting

Oct 8, 2005
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    largest part...

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Olivier, looks good, FWIW do NOT paint the bottom of that car.I have seen a few now, and it just does not go with the tr from 85-91. In person the car does not look right. I was thinking the same thing for mine for years, but Im glad I left it original.
    Cheers !!

6. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    #31 348paul, Nov 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Oliver,

Now I can see where you managed to find 52mm - you have measured from the largest point of the cone not the smallest - makes sense as the cone length is approx 7mm and a TR wheel bolt is 45mm & added together make 52mm.

Below is a picture of a 360-wheel bolt with a rule against it for reference.

Regardless of how hard you drive the car you are sitting on a time bomb waiting to go off - Have another look at the picture below and look at the distance between 49mm & 52mm - well that’s how much engagement of thread you have at the moment on a TR bolt.

BTW - I think the TR's looks great with the 360 wheels but please get some longer bolts in those wheels!!

Paul
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    hats off to you paul for going out of your way to help. i see where you are coming from, the short wheels bolts will loosen or could snap with too much load. i see things sheared on aircraft from hard landings all the time ......

8. JoTeC

JoTeC Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Hullett
    Grab those Challenge Ti bolts on eBay... You're going to look everywhere for lugs, take it from me... :)

9. GrandSportC3

GrandSportC3 Karting

Oct 8, 2005
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  10. JoTeC

JoTeC Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Hullett
    Ferrari quoted me US $$$$$ for standard lugs. I spent US $160 for the standard proper lugs for my F355 wheels to my 348 from Grand Prix Tire here in Newport. You might give Berge a call if you want the standard lugs but the reverse bolt head on the Challenge bolts is just flat trick looking! You can't go wrong with these...

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Grandsport - I like the new avatar. :D

12. GrandSportC3

GrandSportC3 Karting

Oct 8, 2005
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Glad that you like it!!

Gotta love the rear view of a TR :D

13. MYMC

MYMC Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2006
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Michael
    So only the longer wheel bolts are required for this swap? No spacers?

14. GrandSportC3

GrandSportC3 Karting

Oct 8, 2005
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    no spacers needed!!

15. MYMC

MYMC Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2006
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks, I have the wheels on the way but was worried I'd put the cart before the horse. No pun intended.