[PICS]: Bugatti Veyron "GT" | All kind of shots! | FerrariChat

[PICS]: Bugatti Veyron "GT" | All kind of shots!

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by RonnieRenaldi, May 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Nice shots. Is that a 2010 model - the wheels look newer?

3. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    Great stuff, those wheels are from the sang noir, but i guess they are an option.

4. Gallardo Freak

Gallardo Freak Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jameson Apodaca
    The wheels are off of a sang noir, it is not a option, but if you pay $120,000USD and your lucky, you can have them put on.

And the car is said to be a "EB1250" or "GT" and have about 1250BHP. Bugatti is testing some mod on this car. all I know is when riding in we went 0-150 in just under 9sec, thats over the 9.8sec of other veyrons, and this "GT" veyron has never been up to its top top speed, but when doing a runway speed run it almost hit 260mph

Heres a video of that
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpUOQlhH9dU

and here are some of my photos of the "veyron GT"
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jha2121/sets/72157622773836792/

5. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If I'm not mistaken, that video is of a veyron 16.4 doing a top speed run with results less than 253 mph. Nothing more than that.

A Bugatti doing anything more than 253 is going to make many, many headlines. I try and follow the auto industry as closely as possible, and I've never heard of this "Veyron GT." I know about the ever hightening rumors Bugatti will unveil the proposed 1200hp car at Paris this fall but nothing else.

Do you have any further information about this car from valid sources?

_J

6. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Jameson is good friends with the owner of that car.

7. enzokidd

enzokidd Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2009
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shaunt
    absolutely stunning photos

8. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  9. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton

Why are the wheels so expensive?

10. Gallardo Freak

Gallardo Freak Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jameson Apodaca
    The Video is of one of two Veyrons with the 1250HP Tune on it, Same as the new veyron Supersport, Bugatti did say what all was done to his car, they told him it had 1250HP and that was about it, it has a faster 0-150 as I said before and hit 259.4MPH in the video.

This car is just testing the Supersport tune, and as all test models car makers dont really put them out there in the press.

11. Gallardo Freak

Gallardo Freak Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jameson Apodaca
    Thats how much any set of wheels for a Veyron is, but you gotta bug bugatto to get a set off of a sang noir.

12. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm sorry, but photos of a Veyron with Sang Noir wheels is not enough for me to believe it's something as significant as you are saying it is.

And no word about this leaked anywhere? That video isn't exactly "recent" in terms of automotive news. With every single special edition Veyron, the media writes an article. There has been nothing about a "Veyron GT," or any customer car which has been tunned like the Supersport. Mansory have an exhaust upgrade for the Veyron, and there is a Veyron in the UAE with supposedly more power, but no other tuning work has been done to a Bugatti Veyron.

All I'm interested in seeing is something official saying this car is all factory with the same horse power rating as the SuperSports, and reasonable evidence the car hit 259.4MPH on an air-strip...

A plaque, V-Max photos, etc. I don't believe the owner of this car would have something that interesting with nothing on or around the car saying there is anything different between it and another Veyron.

_J

13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK

lol!?

There's information about the new Veyron GT all over the net!

I'm confused as to why you're so skeptical!

Also there has been customer factory-tuned Veyron's that have been reported to exist (100 extra BHP) IIRC.

14. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The car you are refering to is the Pegaso edition in Dubai.

Find one artical talking about a car called "Bugatti Veyron GT" without the artical refering to the SS before the release of the SS. Post a link with content about this specific car, and how it has a factory upgraded power rating and does more than 253mph. An actual artical, and not something about a hypothetical model. That's all I want to see from you.

_J

15. alsahher

alsahher Rookie

Apr 12, 2004
    #15 alsahher, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    Just would like to share what i know.. The Pegaso edition is just normal Veyron also so as this GT version.. Why would Bugatti give a customer to test a tuning program, they already have plenty of Demos/Prototypes to test on and am sure they also have plenty of engineers/drivers to give them an accurate feedback not a normal customer IMO.

Also it is said to be 1250HP which means its more powerful than the SS, That even doesn't make since why will it be shorter than the claimed 1250 tuning kit? Why Bugatti didnt introduce it on the SS am sure 1250 will make the car more powerful.

In order for the Veyron SS to have more power it also has more cooling air ducts as the NACA Ducts and the Front is totally redesigned such the Horse shoe is bigger the intakes under the Headlights and the bigger front Bumper. All because of the 200 extra HP.. and i dont see any of these on this GT.

Secondly i dont think Bugatti would mind Charging a an X amount of money for this kit to make money of and am sure there are many veyron owners who would be glad to have it. But there is no such more power option Bugatti is not porsche or other manufacturers who offer such power kits. And i think 1001 hp is more than enough IMO. You want more power in the Bugatti buy the SS thats is their option.

P.s: and this is from trusted source the MANSORY tuning for the Vincero was not reliable to their claim they re-mapped the car ECU and had many faults, an engineer in the service workshop told me that if they drove this car for 1000k.m the engine will break down.

16. DaudiW.

DaudiW. Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2006
    Europe & USA
    Full Name:
    William David
  17. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1

_J

18. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    In late summer 2008 there was an aparent document leak with some info pertaining to the SS. This information was misinturpreted as a retro fit package to be available for all customer Veyrons yeilding similar statistics as the SS to be available in 2010. The "package" was deemed the GT. Yet nothing came from it in terms of a particular special edition. We have the SS to show us that.

_J