Phantoms in Pakistan | FerrariChat

Phantoms in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by arezzo, Jul 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Nice cars....

Are you in Pakistan, or are you in Kuwait? Just wondering...

Mike in Kuwait

2. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    It's fun to walk around in Lahore and such. You see people that are so poor they eat once a day all day and night long. And suddenly you'll see a BMW 7-series, a RR Sport, a few Porsches, a 348 and so on. The country is messed up power and economy wise. Totally messed up.

Good for the owners though.

3. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    But no matter where I am you can always call me :)

S

4. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Good lord almighty, what is the going rate for a new Phantom in Pak'land nowadays?!? :eek:

I'm thinking after all import-duties/tariffs/registration/etc', it's gotta be close to or even at ~$1million (USD). . .

(obviously if I was in the position to acquire such a vehicle there, I'd surely opt for the armored-edition, lolz...)

5. _k_

_k_ Rookie

Jan 15, 2008
    nice pics, but isn't pakistan comes under Asia? not Middle East?

6. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Like Turkey which is at the crossroads between Europe and the Middle East, Pakistan is at the cross roads between the Middle East and Asia, the culture and people are also very diverse due to these factors however due to the country being a Muslim majority country with close bloodline, religious, cultural ties with certain GCC countries I consider it a Middle Eastern country vs. what the Brit colonialists believed, I also don't subscribe to the idea that the area is a called a "Sub-Continent", a load of Sub-Nonsense.

S

7. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    so you would also say that part of punjab(India) is also middle east. As Lahore is also part of Punjab.. but its under Pakistan.
    I been to Lahore, and the expressways are great place to drive.

8. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Pakistan Punjab is Muslim and has a different culture compared to the Indian Punjab, everything that is done in Pakistani Punjab culturally and daily is influenced by Islam, so yes Punjab on the Pakistani side is Middle Eastern however Indian Punjab with its Sikh culture is part of Asia.

S

9. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    well .i guess to each its own.. i would still consider Pakistan part of Asia..