Peugeot 907, a McLaren SLR? | FerrariChat

Peugeot 907, a McLaren SLR?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by triXXXter, Oct 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    I was looking at the car at the paris debut and something stuck out. It has side exhausts, size, and intake all the same as the SLR. Did Peugeot just take the car and copy it or actually just slap their body on it?

Here's the link with a quick video in it. Be sure to look closely at the engine shot to help show my point.
    http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/videogallery.aspx?s=Paris2004&src=minishow

2. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    The front and side glass seems to be from the SLR as well.
    First time I saw this car I thought the same thing.

3. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Yup, that car is rubbish. Shame on Peugeot.

4. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    Well, it definitely has the looks in places, but now that I look a little harder, the engine looks to be a V10. With the SLR having a Supercharged V8, they're not so close after all, but still the body has too many "borrowed" designs.

5. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Actually, the engine is a V12.
    It has the front nose and side exhaust of the SLR, the rear quarter panels are copy/paste from a Vanquish, profile from a Viper, protruding v-stacks from early Ferraris and the butt of a Porsche ... just a worthless prototype. I just hate it. It looks good, but it's all copy/paste.

http://www.fast-autos.net/peugeot/peugeot907.html