Petronas Malaysian GP Raceday**Spoilers** | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Petronas Malaysian GP Raceday**Spoilers**

Discussion in 'F1' started by Remy Zero, Mar 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    It's either my limited engineering knowledge or the influence of Ferraripilot...

In Australia, Mercedes qualified 4th and 7th vs Sauber at 13th and 17th. Malaysia it was 3rd and 8th vs 10th and 17th. Are you certain that tire issue won't be solved or that, when it is, the pace will drop back to the lower half of the grid?

2. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I wasn't hungover, mainly because I've sent all my beer to Andreas over the last 2 years...

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have no idea whether Mercedes can resolve its tire issue or not and given what you hear from interviews with Brawn, they're not so sure either (or he is lying/sandbagging).

I agree that if they can resolve that issue, then they will drive circles around Sauber. If they don't then a car (like the Sauber) which is very gentle to its tires has a distinct advantage throughout the season.

That's why we run the races.

The consumation of which helps me making more exuberant forecasts by the minute...Which of course then I will loose and the pendulum swings back. A self regulation cycle of beer transfer. Kybernetics 1 on 1 :)

4. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    #754 barbazza, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hopefully this year you will "stay thirsty my friend"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #755 tifosi12, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/120328_F1_A-small-party-to-celebrate-the-win-with-an-old-friend.apex

Sounds like it was a going away party for Felipe. :rolleyes:

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Not gonna happen. Once Merc figure out their tyre issues, they'll leave Sauber in the dust.

8. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    lol, okay.

9. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    For the time being, I'm enjoying what I'm witnessing from the mid-fielders. They've upped their game for 2012 and from my perspective, Renault, Sauber and particularly Williams deserve full kudos to date. Yes, they'll likely slide backwards as the money dries up for those costly myriad of tweaks teams need to remain competitive throughout the season, however those three are off to a truly remarkable start.

The TRs and FIs haven't accomplished similar progress in the off season as the above mentioned 3 imho, at least during the heat of battle, although the TRs do manage an odd burst of speed during quali.

Tire issues plagued MB last year and therefore watching both Shoe and Nico skate backward during the race in Malaysia was an easy prediction to make. Michael admitted as much in post quali, the team wasn't certain how they'd fare during the race.

Watching both drivers race while attempting to prolong tire life reminded me of drivers during the turbo days when they found they needed to dial back to avoid a DNF.

We'll see if MB finds the reason behind their ravenous Pirelli appetite but I'd agree with comments they're currently in worse shape than Ferrari. They have two issues whereas Ferrari has one. Curing the handling woes of the F2012 will improve quali and race pace concurrently, obviously tis not the case with the Mercs, they have two distinct haystacks to rummage through.

In any case, this year has all the earmarks of being a two man show and the smart money has to be on McHam for a second title. Sure hope I'm wrong...;) although he's already far more tolerable with Coton on the scene.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Surely the smart money would be on Button for a second title?

Consistency wins WDC, not flashes of speed.
    Pete

11. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    This.

12. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Button is a favourite driver of mine. McHam is quicker, everyday, everywhere and 2011 only served to advance his resolve. The season is his without question.

13. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1 Agreed.

Although I didn't think you liked Button, must be Carol then...;)

14. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like that statement..:)