Petite LeMans | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Petite LeMans

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by yzee, Oct 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Surely not you know who! I wonder why Marino isn't listed as he's been driving with Bryan Herta throughout the season.

Just checked entry list and change on MC-12 - Eric is taken off and Bertolini is listed as third driver. That's an awesome line-up for the MC-12 -> let's just hope it out lasts the Vettes and takes first in class. I'll try to remember to check and see if the entry list is updated later tomorrow morning after the press conference.

Carol

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Chip bought Dario out of the AGR contract so he won't be driving the XM P2 car, instead he'll be driving in the ARCA race at Talladega. Replacement will be Vitor Meira. Makes me think then that Meira will be Dario's replacement on the AGR Indy car team.

Carol

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Friday day practice saw Jaime Melo first in GT2 with the Risi 430. In the two hour night practice, Mika placed first with #62 in GT2. The MC-12 was third in GT1 but the intervals in the afternoon practice between the two 'Vettes and the MC-12 was .650, .879, and .958

Allan was first in afternoon practice; Dindo first in night practice . . .GO AUDI #1.

Carol

4. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm at the Chateau Elan and most of the teams are here, so i have to go. But the big news is Maserati is on the pole in GT1. Beat the freakin Corvettes. Unbelievable! Updates during the race tomorrow, I think, depends on how much we drink!

5. euro_exoticar

euro_exoticar Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Gainesville GA
    Full Name:
    Justin Edward Jones
    The MC12 qualified above the C-6Rs. I went on the Ferrari Parade laps... I was in the Red 328, we spun at the beginning of the esses. It was cool I got it on video... I'll try to get it up soon.

6. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Looks like you all have great weather for the race. Hmm, less than a half second in qualifying between the Spyders and Oil-Burners, so that should be close all the way through. Plus you have that gorgeous Lista Maser No.27 as real competition for the Vettes. And 6 cars in GT2 qualifying within a second (almost). Prediction; fantastic racing for 10 hours...wish I was there...

7. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    #32 TeamF1Jr, Oct 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    The Magnussen Vette is out after just over 1/2 hour. GO Maserati!!

9. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

yzee,

say hello to joe for me please...tell him sorry to have missed him but i am in coronado for the vintage races this weekend.

wrong coast but a great event nonetheless!

hope joe and team ran well!!!

peter

10. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Don't you just love it when Speed has nASScrap on instead of the ALMS live?

11. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    This time I didn't mind !!!!!!! JV IN !! BUT NOW THAT THAT'S OVER.............ALMS please....

12. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Even though the 430's got creamed, it wasn't a bad race for the Audiphiles. Road Atlanta remains hauntingly beautiful and if it wasn't for the Menzo (now on my list of top five prettiest race cars) wall-oping, it could have been one of the most memorable, even though the No.1 R10 would have won regardless. First race car I've seen that can be shifted into Hyperspace.

13. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I was just wishing the Maserati would win GT1 :(

14. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I love this place. Great day, great race. We had big screens in the Audi hospitality tent but we were on the move most of the day. I feel like they turned me into a mountain goat for two days and am now unwelcome in my human form. I'm tired. Pics when I get home.

The Speed Gt Challenge was Friday late in the rain. Look for it on Speed.

15. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    more pics please! Unfortunately I missed the ALMS when they came to Ohio this year. thanks for the updates guys

16. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO

17. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark

18. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    We were doing the same but they were up on the podium! The race could be described as a unnecessary crash fest! Even Hindy commented that was not the place for spectator drivers. Unfortunate for PWL 430 was radiator damage - they opted not to repair and to save the car for Laguna. The spectator driver car smacked the wall and was towed away. I felt really bad for Luis Diaz as we watched him up against the armco in the esses and coming up the esses on three tires. We were so hoping he'd make it back to the pits on his own (this was after they came back after repairing the car after significant damage earlier) but he lost momentum and had to be towed up the hill - game over. John Field had one of the best runs of the year going in P1, Clint took over and unfortunately came around a curve with no place to go and suffered damage being part of this crashfest. Talking to the guys, they pull together again at be at Laguna. Jon told us at Road Atlanta they'd be runing a different car - it's the Dyson Lola.

Despite one of the Tafel Porsches being damaged, they did fantastic running a fair portion of the last of the race on the same tire - they couldn't get a wheel nut off to change the tire so . . . .

Lots of cars visited the penalty box this race - more so than at any of the other races we've attended. Various reasons contributing to the sits. I felt really bad for the #62 with the brake light problems . . . .up one more position would have garnered the championship for them . . on to Laguna.

Fortunately Pirro wasn't hurt (slight concussion on race day kept him from driving) when he smacked the wall at 183 mph in the Audi during practice. Lucas Luhr (who is an Audi factory driver) was "loaned" to Petersen White Lightning for the 430 for the race but after it was known (just not long before race start) that Pirro wasn't going to be in Audi #2, Dr. Ullrich got him back and into the R10. When we saw Lucas on the grid, someone had hand written his name on the Audi driver suit. Don't know how many might remember but Lucas, Mike Rockenfeller and one of the Audi DTM drivers drove the third R10 at Le Mans this year - Luhr, as always, was extremely quick but Rockenfeller wrecked the car and out they went. At Petit the #2 Audi started at the back of the grid and it wasn't many laps until they were actually in front of McNish/Capello in Audi #1. The final end was quite exciting with all the fireworks commencing on the last lap and Dindo getting past the Spyder and winning overall by .9 seconds.

We had a couple great days with the Audi Experience (folks were so friendly as always and there were some awesome Audi automobiles in the Car Corral) and visiting with Michael and checking out Road Atlanta. Thanks for the voicemail and Scott & Kim said "same to you". Hope you got home safe and sound. We had an 8:55 am flight this am, changed in HOU and were home before 1:30 pm. Already looking forward to next year! Since I took absolutely zero photos, we're counting on you Michael to share the race with others!!

Things are really winding down, we're headed to Laguna in a couple weeks then several months off until off to Sebring. With the addition of more car manufacturers in GT2, it will definitely be an interesting place to be. We were talking someone who had some Peugeot folks visiting his vendor space and hinted the 908's may be at Sebring.

Carol

19. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    You spun...on parade laps? :D

Awesome race. Penske had great strategy, but Audi pulled one out of the fire with that early pit for fuel, so they were sitting pretty when that last yellow came out. Kudos to Audi for the good gamesmanship. That saved their bacon.

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  21. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #46 yzee, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Were there other cars racing? Wouldn't have noticed... A jawdropper.

23. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
  24. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata