Peter Lik Art | FerrariChat

Peter Lik Art

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by cove26, Feb 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyone familiar with the photographer Peter Lik? I own 3 pieces and absolutely love his work, was wondering if anyone else owned any of his work?

Mike

2. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    Absolutely love his stuff, haven't got any but always spend lots of time in his gallery in Vegas, breathtaking work.

3. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    He does some incredible stuff, a friend met him in Miami and told me about him and I went to his gallery in Vegas and it was incredible. I would love to get some of his work but it's pretty expensive, maybe someday.

4. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They are expensive, but you have to look at the investment value of it. That is why we bought the 3 that we did. We got Milaa Milaa Falls, Beyond Paradise, and Eternal Paradise. We got them all in Hawaii. They are truly spectacular pieces.

5. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I fully believe they are worth what you pay, mind posting some pictures? Also can you confirm that they aren't backlit, some people argue they are but the galleries say they aren't.

6. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    No backlighting and no color adjustment, makes them even more spectacular.

7. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #7 cove26, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They are printed on on a metallic like paper so when the light hits them just right, they seem to glow.

This is the only picture I have right now, I'll have to take more soon though. All 3 pieces are #396 because that is my badge number, I was able to special order the numbers on each.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks, that looks amazing. One thing I think really helps set them off is the frames, very unique.

9. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    yes the frames are top notch, but then again they should be seeing as how it costs about $600 to frame!

10. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Love his work and ended up buying his ghost photograph back in 2006 apparently it gone up quite a bit since then.

11. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    #11 CRG125, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Interesting! Do you know if that was taken in Death Valley by any chance? Looks familiar...

13. blackwood

blackwood Formula 3

Dec 15, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc
    My bet would be Zion or Bryce Canyon.

14. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  15. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    #15 davidgoerndt, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
    That's Antelope Canyon, probably Upper, in Arizona

16. 5francs

5francs Rookie

Feb 18, 2009
    I have Lik's Antelope Canyon. Also have a bunch I took years ago while working for the Indian Health Service in Arizona back before the Navajo set up shop at the canyon. At that time one was free to explore that area and it was simply primitive. My friend was in the canyon looking up and grabbed photos of me jumping across the narrow chasm. I've also been down in the lower canyon leading into Lake Powell, but it doesn't have the amazing beauty and is a bit dangerous as well. Antelope Canyon is just outside of Page on the way toward Kaibeto. I lived in Kaibeto and would love to see what Lik could do with nearby White Mesa and it's rarely seen(by outsiders) arches and ruins and canyons.

17. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    "Page" Arizona ring any bells? He mentions it in one of his video interviews on his website.

http://www.peterlik.com/home.html

18. vcirclebar

vcirclebar Rookie

Feb 19, 2009
    It's on the Utah/Arizona border, Page was founded while the Glen Canyon Dam was being built. My dad owns two of his photos and they are amazing. For anyone who's enjoys this kind of scenery Paria Plateau, southern Utah, and northern Arizona are definitely worth the trip.

19. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just noticed that he has a few book out, I bought "Spirit of America", it should be here friday. Only $36 on Amazon, great deal compared to a $3k print.

20. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    I've been reading up more about this guy, I love this style. Makes me want to just get some old van, load up all my photography gear and just head on out there into the wild, see what happens!

Anyone have any other stories about him? He seems like a class act! :)

21. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My friend told me about him about a year ago, my friend was down in Miami and it was coincidence his gallery was opening that day, my friend got to meet him and talk with a few minutes which I thought was very nice considering all the VIPs he had to talk with. I just got his book this morning and it really is incredible, only $36 and it has hundreds of his photos in it, like your own personal gallery.

22. BH Benz

BH Benz Rookie

Mar 12, 2007
    I am a sales consultant at Pete's Gallery in La Jolla, CA. Im very happy to hear everyone is enjoying Pete's work as he is honestly a phenomenal guy and has a god given gift to capture these breath taking shots.

A brief back ground about Pete for those interested he was given his first camera when he was 8 by his parents for his birthday. He has since then really never been able to put a camera down, he is now fifty and has been shooting professionally for 25 years. Pete is Native to Austalia but now resides in Red Rock out side of vegas. 90% of Pete's work is done with film, 10% is digital. His heart is with Film as he loves shooting with his 1941 Linhof 617 camera, which he uses Fiji slide film with. None of Pete's work is backlit, color enhanced, photoshopped, cropped, altered or changed in any which way. Pete is now the most award winning landscape photographer in the world, he has truly set himself apart from the rest and continues to strive for the perfect shot. Over the past 2 decades Pete has traveled state to state visiting every national park the US has capturing the best of what the US has to offer. He actually just got back from Yosemite last week, and I just viewed the pictures he will be releasing a few days ago and again he never fails to impress. Pete Currently has 500+ photos for sale and all photos run in a Limited and Artist Proof Additions.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me as I would be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have.

[email protected]
    858-200-0990 Gallery
    661-904-9715 Cell

Best,

Brian

23. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    Just a question, whats the price range on his prints? And the average?

I've heard 3k-ish, but can you go lower than that? Whats the most one of this prints has taken?

Thanks! :)

24. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Brian,
    Could you shed any light on the frames used for the prints? I will admit I was quite inspired by his work and have vowed to try a lot of landscape photography from now on, and I would love to some of my own work framed. Thanks so much.

Chris

25. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As far a price goes, I have several different sizes and they range from $1500 up. $1500 is for a smaller print framed, at least that is what I paid. The books are great but nothing like a large photo hanging on your wall, blows your mind!

The frames from what I understand are from Italy and quit elaborate. The frames I have my pieces framed in are the thick ones, I believe it is called tobacco leaf or something like that.

Brian, I am looking into the Garden of Eden piece in a 1.5 framed. What do you have for a price on that one? Feel free to pm with that info if you would like.

Mike