Pet food shortage | FerrariChat

Pet food shortage

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Alcav5, May 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I was just surprised to find out that I cannot get a hold of my dog's typical dry food, Royal Canin adult Rottweiler

First last weekend I thought my local store was out , no big deal , I had a week + worth of food . So again I went this past Friday , still nothing . I go on line to find that no tri-state area store has the food. Then I thought I scored with Amazon , ordered the food for today's delivery . Not here yet I look at my email to check tracking just to see I ordered the puppy version. wtf? I swear it clicked adult. I scoured the net more and sure enough I'm reading shortages for certain brands . She's been on the same brand for 5 yrs , hate to mix it up but no choice. The Royal Canin website said to use Hill's Diet as an alternative.

I thought covid shortages were over, guess not.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    We're seeing similar supply issues on the Princess' favorite kibbles. We do 50-50 Royal Canin SO and Hill's with Nutro as a backup. Fortunately, my wife, the Prepper in Chief, has been keeping our dog food supply high throughout the pandemic and we don't have to worry for a few months. Hope it clears up for all of us with pampered pooches before then..T

3. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    No problem with a mid May delivery of Hills Canine Maintenance. It goes great with a stout or porter......