Personalised Registations | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Personalised Registations

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by EK3R, Oct 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twotoomany

twotoomany Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    Dear tear arse, Would you please moderate your language, be polite and "mind your manners"

TWOTOOMANY

2. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    I still have a squeaky clean licence. Not even a parking ticket since 1978.

My method is simple, drive at 28, 38, 48 in a 30, 40, 50 limit. Don't go over 85 on dual carraigeways/motorways. Have as much fun as I can on the B roads where plod does not hang out.

3. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear F328GTS M8,

You must immediately dispose of the Ferrari as you are portraying wholly the wrong image of us proper Tear Arse's - it is disgraceful that you should have the audacity to write such things on this forum. The whole purpose of speed limits is for them to be broken - where is your sense of adventure for gods sake?

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

4. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

lol clearly none in the lodge tea arse

5. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade, Fraternal Brother and Knight,

We had the Chief Constable! (True).

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse

6. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Best numberplate I ever saw was outside the Ritz in London back in 93 or 94. There were 2 Lambo Countaches parked. The onle had the number plate "NOT 1" and the other "BUT 2"

That was quite cool :8

7. geofflowe

geofflowe Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2004
    Souffampton
    Full Name:
    Geoff Lowe
    #82 geofflowe, Oct 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have M18 EUT on retention (Mi BEUT) - a friend with a Skyline has A8 EUT - both bought for £250 and worth a bit more now I suspect! (The Saxo was supercharged and embarrased a lot of exotica - ask Mark Collins - LOL!!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Dear Comrade Tear Arse M8,

I never said that I don't break speed limits, just not in 30, 40 or 50 zones. That's where where plod will get you. On the B roads is where I have my fun.

9. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade F328GTS

You are far too cautious. You must do your best endeavours to become more adventurous and live 'on the edge' a little more.

512 Tea Are = Tea Arse - Tear Arse

10. geofflowe

geofflowe Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2004
    Souffampton
    Full Name:
    Geoff Lowe
    Have to agree with F328GTS as a). I already have 6 ponts and b). when you ACTUALLY have a Ferrari its not at all happy going that slow but 'sods law' will surely come into being if you don't behave. Find a deserted A or B road and I'm dust.....

11. twotoomany

twotoomany Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    David Higgins
    They would be nice plates 6 or 7 letters in a row. Think all the names you could have.

TWOTOOMANY

YOUR SPELLING IS AS GOOD AS MINE

12. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    I believe the Police have an expression where they refer to drivers they've stopped as, "failing the attitude test". Often rather than saying, "would you like to pass the attitude test?", they might say, "do you know why I've stopped you, sir?". It's the same question. If you say, "No", you've failed. A tad of humility does no harm.

I was stopped just the other day by two policemen in a big transit van, just after coming out of my drive late at night and going four hundred metres down the (totally empty) road in London. They were perfectly polite, did a registration check over the radio, asked a few questions about the car, complimented the car, and just said, "try and keep it down in London as it is a very fast car, sir". We both knew I wasn't doing 29 in a 30, and we both knew that they had no evidence that would stand up in court, so it was just a two minute chat, and a friendly piece of advice with respect on both sides. No problem. Much better than a camera hidden in a hedge.

Three registration plates that made me chuckle were a Black Diablo (that I nearly bought instead of my 355 four years ago) with the plate CUN 7 - which I think pretty much summed it up - and a Corvette StingRay with a US plate I once saw in London which was SAY BYE - nice, and with a seven litre V8 you only saw the back of it receeding at speed. Finally, I saw a Vanquish pull up at a pub 2 yrs ago with the plate BOND 007, and just as I was thinking "what a fool", Pearce Brosnan got out! Cool as you like.

Personally, I have my initials as my Fcar plate (same plate on last 3 cars), which for me achieves anonimity and removes snobbery of year-related plates to everyone else, whilst meaning something just to me...

IMHO, one of the coolest things about a lot of Fcars is they dont have all that cr@p on the back telling you how many valves / GTi / XR3 / Cup / Sprint / etc. It's just a Ferrari, that's all you need to know, so why have a plate stating the model / cylinder capacity / engine layout / FER / etc. ? The factory already put a nice Cavallino Rampante emblem on the front and back... Just MHO.

13. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Came across this photo today......

14. GIALLOFLY

GIALLOFLY Karting
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2005
    Hampshire. UK
    #89 GIALLOFLY, Feb 14, 2007
  15. GIALLOFLY

GIALLOFLY Karting
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2005
    Hampshire. UK
    #90 GIALLOFLY, Feb 14, 2007
  16. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Is the one in the Gant top a member here?

17. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam

used to be mate, Stewart Paton (Stewart 430) , top bloke, sorely missed

18. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Did he shift to the 'other' site?

19. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    yes mate, but he dont post on there at the moment either. I speak to him fairly regularly tho', Stew and Izza are organizing the jaunt to LOeMans for a track day in August

20. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    He was at the Shell V-Power launch, Massa drove his car round Snetterton for a couple of laps

21. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I was there too Pete!!

Fancy not coming over to say hello you miserable git :D:D:D

22. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    We were probably right near each other, the only one I knew properly from those was Andy Hills.

Were you one of the lot who sneaked into the back of the Shell launch Marquee?

23. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
  24. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #99 Hazy, Feb 26, 2007
  25. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    theres two in white T shirts, the red race suit or the grey trousers, I remember the one in the grey trousers at the drivers meeting laughing and joking at the back near the door