Period front spoiler on a classic Maserati | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Period front spoiler on a classic Maserati

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Froggie, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Marc,

Thanks for thinking of my non functioning brain and helping an old person out. You get a big gold star on you daily chore's chart. I still have your article about the Gr. IV's in my group of retained magazines. Great work as always. you are a great asset for the automotive community. Accept my personal thanks for all your writings and observations.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  3. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
  4. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Truly a rather bizarre addition to make to an Indy. In addition the person owning the car seems to have added a Maserati SS emblem to the Indy. On the other hand, the color of the car is actually rather interesting and different in a nice sort of way. I've always like the fact that people who own Maseratis chose a wide range of colors for their cars.

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well the colour is original -I believe the first Indy I rode in in 1975 or 76 with my dad was in that color or light blue- but the add on wing and exhaust garbage certainly isn't. I saw photos of this car in a Modena event and those I know there were appalled by it. Even the outer rear view mirror is completely wrong, some people just don't have any taste or common sense.

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I saw a much uglier one at Cortinia in 94. It was a Bora that looked like it had a failed sex change into a Khamsin. I dubbed it a Bhamsin.
    At least that's easily removable.

7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That one might actually work. The Merak spoiler I tried out in Nevada wasn't of much help at all.
    I suspect that you have to change the looks of the car far too much to make things work. I was never OK with that.

8. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Good to know.
    Probably only the small front spoiler of the Merak will not modify substantially the handling.
    Still, it seems that it may have some influence, as per Walter:

Additionally for a FWD car like the Indy with an edged upward nose and no undertray ahead of the front axle, it may (associated with some kind of undertray) better channel the air flow through the radiator and improve the cooling:

Image Unavailable, Please Login