‘Perez to Alfa, Vettel to Aston Martin, Kimi is out’ ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

‘Perez to Alfa, Vettel to Aston Martin, Kimi is out’ ?

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Jul 23, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Perez tests positive for the virus so will be out a few races. Not sure who will replace him.

Robb

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Gutierrez is the man.

3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Seems like Gutierrez would need at least 300km of track time to re-activate his license.

Nico Hülkenberg will do the seat tomorrow.

4. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Wow the Hulk is back. In that Pink Merc can expect a strong result maybe even a podium in the second race?

Remember Perez saying he was 'dizzy' in Hungary.

6. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Go HULK! Let’s get that podium mate

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    hmmmm I don’t remember that...? He made that comment during the race???

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It was a Sky interview , you know when they sit on the stools with a couple Sky guys ,i think it was after the race or maybe after qualy, dont remember.

Edit ..just checked it was after qualy.

william and crinoid like this.
  9. DF1

Racing Point has confirmed there was no exit clause in Sergio Perez's contract that required the team to decide on his future by 31 July.

Racing Point is currently in talks with Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel about joining the team for 2021, when it will rebrand as Aston Martin, despite having two drivers under contract already.

Both Perez and current team-mate Lance Stroll have long-term deals with the squad, meaning an exit agreement would have to be struck with one of them if a deal was struck with Vettel.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I remember that.
    I think it was after practice, when he was talking about the speeds reached this year at Spielberg with the Racing Point car.

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Hummm, the 2 drivers for Aston Martin next year could be Lance Stroll and ... Nico Hulkenberg.

Only kidding ...;)

12. DF1

Would not be a surprise. Nico with a full test this weekend.

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    How about Nico and Perez ? and bring in Vettel on a car development deal !

14. DF1

Sebastian Vettel says “people make a fuss out of everything” after confirming he shared a ride with Racing Point Formula 1 boss Otmar Szafnauer after the British Grand Prix.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Sebastian Vettel says “people make a fuss out of everything” after confirming he shared a ride with Racing Point Formula 1 boss Otmar Szafnauer after the British Grand Prix.

The German has been heavily linked with a move to Racing Point - soon to be rebranded as Aston Martin in 2021.

Vettel was spotted sitting in Szafnauer’s Ferrari Pista by veteran photographer Mark Sutton adding to the intense speculation that the four-time world champion would be joining the team next season.

In Thursday’s press conference ahead of the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at Silverstone, Vettel explained why he was sharing a car with the Racing Point team boss after last weeks' race.

“It’s correct, we were heading to the fuel station,” Vettel said. “After the fuel station he was going home and I continued going somewhere else.

“It’s a nice car. It’s a Ferrari Pista. I remember years ago he was talking about that car, now he obviously got one. He said he was running out of fuel, I said ‘Well, where are you going?’ and we were heading in the same direction so I was going with him to the fuel station and then went somewhere else.

“We were in the same car but we were wearing masks. We obviously can’t be two meters apart. I find it a bit awkward nowadays, people make a fuss out of everything and that actually I don’t see the point, I don’t see the news in that, but OK, fine!”

With seats being quickly filled for 2021, Vettel says he’s still not too stressed about his future.

“I’ve got lots of possibilities,'' Vettel added. “Maybe not so many in Formula 1 as you can do the math and see which seats are taken, but I think as I’ve always mentioned the most important is that I’m happy with my choice. Time will tell what the choice is and then go from there, so I’m not too stressed about it.”