PENSKE WYNN FERRARI CLOSING | Page 2 | FerrariChat

PENSKE WYNN FERRARI CLOSING

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by 360nut, Sep 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    So sad this happened. No other words I can say. Hopefully the whole staff moves including Rich!

2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Unbelievable. Not sure why all this happened but Steve Wynn will lose big in the long run, regardless of his future plans. If he didn't think having a Ferrari dealership was a major asset to his brand and he didn't fight for it he must now be mentally ill.
    In regards to the service team there, I hope Towbin does the right thing and takes everyone along with the cars. This team was the best put together Ferrari force I have ever seen in any Ferrari dealer, and with the 32 Ferraris I owned, I have seen my share ;)

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    May not have been his choice....

4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    If not Wynn, had to be Penske? There's no one else in the title.

5. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I have no idea what happened, but there is one other name in the title.

Mark

6. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    While my stand by my theory in post #8 of this thread, my theory on Roger Penske's side of this is it's no secret he buys and sells dealerships all the time. Secondly, Roger formed Penske Commercial Vehicles US earlier this year. The P/E ratio on commercial truck dealerships is said to be dramatically in its favor over the traditional car dealership. The commercial truck business is said to be largely unconsolidated, so Roger sees an opportunity. As a result, Roger Penske's moves as of late is not buying more car dealerships, but buying up commercial truck dealerships and quite a lot of them.

Personally, the Penske/Wynn dealership would have been my crown jewel, but I can see Roger's point of view and Steve's point of view, both looking to future opportunities, but from completely different angles.

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    I can't believe no one relized what " really " happened.

....Ferrari found out he purchased his La Ferrari to flip and now they are flexing their muscle... they took the Franchise away...

J/K

But it made me lol

S

8. AndrewG2

AndrewG2 Karting

Feb 22, 2013
    Las Vegas NV
    This sucks but is not surprising. Even if the ownership didn't change I thought this might happen, the real estate is just way too valuable to keep as an exotic car dealership.

Like the Mayor I too will miss parking out front in the loading zone but won’t miss all the hand prints I would find on it from people posing for pictures. I was told by a former salesperson that I could park there after hours so it was nice having VIP parking at the Wynn all these years.

No more feeling like Bruce Wayne pulling in and out of there....

Besides shooting the **** with the guys downstairs it was always nice to go play poker while I was waiting. I would always tell them I'm in no hurry take your time.

On a side note if anyone needs a great person to do a PPI on a Testarossa there's none better than Kevin, I understand he will travel. I highly recommend him.

9. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    see post # 9

10. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    And the man wins a Cupie doll. :)

11. 360nut

360nut Rookie

Aug 4, 2004
    Flipping the La Ferrari was the final straw. He sold it to Naples Motorsports in Florida. They are trying to get 5M for it. Ferrari had enough and pulled the franchise. Ferrari probably had enough with Penske Wynn and the way they did business by giving the majority of their new Ferrari allocation to Wynn and Schorr's friends.

12. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I remember the rumored story how the dealership came about. Steve dealing directly with the man himself Gianni Agnelli, no back and forth with FNA, with Steve's reputation at that point Gianni supposedly loved the idea and ok'd it within a minute.

13. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My worst purchasing experience was at a Towbin dealership this last Jun. IMO, Towbin dealers are arrogant, obnoxious, and the epitome of high pressure sales. It will KILL me to take my Scud there. But, conversely, I've never received better service than that I received from Rich, Omar, and the crew. Might have to suck it up and accept the dreaded Towbin header on my service bills. Supporting the service group would be worth biting that bullet.

14. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Or it might be the final push that moves me to McLaren. :)

15. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Actually, Wynn would be a great spot for McLaren. I truly hope they use that space for something fun.

Mark

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

That is a good point. But I don't know how they handle Rolls sales. They can't treat someone buying an RR the same way as buying a Dodge Dart... or let's hope not.

I wonder if the service rates will go up....

17. 360nut

360nut Rookie

Aug 4, 2004
    Towbin will destroy the Ferrari brand, they probably will have a greeter dressed as the Pope meet you at the door!! Remember they lost Lambo years ago

18. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I have to imagine it would make sense to stay from Ferrari's point of view. That has to be one of the higher revenue stores no?

19. Risktaker

Risktaker Karting

Feb 15, 2014
    Does anyone know if the sales team from WYNN is going to TOWBIN ?

20. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Towbin would do well to bring Mike Schiffman along. He sold me my Scud and was a pleasure to work with.

21. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I hope Towbin lets us take pictures of the cars. Really annoyed me they were always anal about taking some harmless pics of the cars.

22. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    The Ferrari dealership was the only reason that I ever set foot on a Wynn property.

23. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

+1

24. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    Serves them right also for charging people to see cars..I could not believe it!!

25. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    I dont know,but probably not, When that normally happens its the same dealer spot taken over . They have a dealership already..But who knows!..Im sure they will get some people like Mechanics anyway!