Pauper's VII (October 15th - 18th) | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Pauper's VII (October 15th - 18th)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Modenafan, Apr 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Another great trip - glad I made this one, barely!

The Wynn, Auto Gallery, and Pensky/Wynn Ferrari all went out of their way to be available for any need we had. Richard at Pensky Ferrari Service made sure someone was ready or on call all weekend including Sunday for the smallest of issues. You cant ask for more than that.

Great company AND great support the whole trip! Thanks to Eric for swimming through all of our redundant questions and texts.. as well as to JJ and Jeffrey. Till next time.

2. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #252 TG, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice to be around the gang, especially for a future owner like myself. Everyone adds their flavor to the weekend, which as a whole makes it quite the experience.

Link for all pictures to come in a day or two. For now, a few of my favorites...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Wow Capristo Beast is low.. need to raise her up

4. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #254 TG, Oct 18, 2009
  5. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  6. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    #256 cpiguy, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
    I hate to sound redundant, but I echo all the comments above and enjoyed every minute of this spectacular weekend. I did learn one lesson though, leave early Sunday morning and avoid the all the crazy traffic. I probably put more wear on my clutch on the way home than I have the entire time I've owned her.

What a great time!!!

Thank you Eric, Jon, and the entire Auto Gallery Team!!!

PS: It was extra great to finally met my Chat budy Sam!!

7. bkmberg

bkmberg Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frances
    Another fantastic Pauper's Run! Thanks again to Jon, Eric, Auto Gallery, and Penske/Wynn for making this weekend truly amazing! :D

8. k-diddy

k-diddy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2004
    Every year it get better and better. Encore was great! The parking and guards watching over our rides along with the great service at the hotel. Thanks to Richard also from Penske/Wynn Ferrari for the great tour and all the support he has given in the past and present. It was a pleasure to meet with him and his crew. The boys from Auto Gallery went out of the way by sending Travis with the support car to help out. Jason and John from AG are moving things forward in both sales and service with the support of Tony.
    Eric and Jon bust there butt putting this together and I just wanted to thank them once again. I wish I had got out on the drives in Vegas but it did not work out that way. Next time I am not missing a thing. When I get back for the next Paupers Run my Vegas clients will be on hold.

9. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    My first Pauper's: I've been de-virginized, and it was awesome. :)

Thanks to Jon and Eric for planning the amazing weekend, and to all that participated and that I got to meet.

What a venue! The Encore is the way to go. Amazing staff, 5-star restaurants, rooms with a view to die for, and some memorable times I won't forget soon.

As I said to my wife tonight: "Can we go back next weekend?" :D

10. k-diddy

k-diddy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2004
    Funny thing I have to go back in 2 weeks and staying at the Encore.

11. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    We'll meet you at Botero. ;)

12. k-diddy

k-diddy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2004
    #262 k-diddy, Oct 18, 2009
    Karen will come too. Thanks for letting me celebrate your B-day with you. Botero in the Encore was great. I had it back to back with great company. Here is the best shot on the drive up.
    Slower traffic keep right.

13. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    What a great time... We need to get together to share the good times before the 2010 trip. :)

14. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Thank you Jon and Eric for another fantastic run. This was the best Paupers yet. A big thank you to Jason and the Autogallery for lunch and a $500 service credit. I will be using that shortly as I turned 9800 miles puling into my driveway. A big thank you to Richard at Wynn Penske for fixing my top on Sat. and for our hats and shirts.
    Most exciting part of the weekend was being passed by Tim at warp speed in his 16M.
    I also finally played Poker with Arnie and had some great laughs at his expense.
    It would have been a perfect weekend if I had not gotten an invite from the CHP to donate to the Kern County fund today. Only 91 MPH. Hope I can go to traffic school.

15. definitive

definitive Rookie

Feb 13, 2009
    Hey guys and gals,

First wanted to thank everyone involved with the planning as well as everyone who came on the drive. It was just so amazing. This is only my second Paupers, but it seems they just keep getting better! Cant wait to have my own rarri to run with you guys.

All the pics so far are really great! I wanted to post up this sneak peak of something Im putting together.

http://www.definitivecars.com/paupersrunfall09.html

Jamie

16. definitive

definitive Rookie

Feb 13, 2009
    I agree 100% about a paupers meet up half way through the wait till the next event!!!

D

17. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Arnie, good to see again buddy. we left at 8:30 and there was traffic, curzed at 80, picked up 5 CHP on radar, both Leon and I (he was head of the pack and I was last) both of us got hit with lazer from a CHP chopper. Good new is that wWe managed to get home with least amount of Clutch wear.

18. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    :( sorry to hear the donation part.

19. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    When the announcement goes out for a new Pauper's Run we usually say something along the lines of "This will be the best one yet." This one was the best one yet, and with all the amazing support from the Auto Gallery, Penske-Wynn Ferrari, the Encore and a great group of guys and gals on the run it was the best by a large margin.

I am speechless at the support and generosity of the Auto Gallery; they are a class act all the way. Need technical support? Done. Need a sweep vehicle? Done. Oh, and let's just pick up everyone's bar tab at the East Side Lounge while we are at it. And lunch at On the Border. And $500 service gift cards for all the drivers. My god, who does this?? The Auto Gallery does.

Richard, the service manager at Penske-Wynn Ferrari, delivered a fantastic guided tour of their facilities. Not only did he make it clear he would call his techs in over the weekend if we needed any work done, he arranged a substantial discount for any purchases made at the store, presented us with gift bags and $20 car washes that looked like $200 detail jobs by the time they were done.

The Encore pulled out all the stops to make sure we were well looked after during our stay. I heard through the grapevine they had cordoned off our parking area a week in advance to make sure we had plenty of space for our vehicles, and 24 hour security so we could park our cars with peace of mind.

For those that don't know the history of the Pauper's Run it was the brainchild of Jeffrey (Tipo815). While there are plenty of "for-profit" runs this is the only one I am aware of that runs on the simple premise of participate in whatever interests you. No entry fee, no bloated prices, no profit motivation - just hang out and have fun. That is the magic and beauty of it - it is put together to have a great time, not to make a quick buck.

Jon summed it up well at dinner one night: It's not about the cars, it's not about the drives, or the clubs, or the restaurants it's about the people. It's a blast working with Jon and Jeffrey to make these runs a reality. Jon literally moved a mountain or two to raise the bar on this run, but he won't ever mention it because he is not that kind of guy (so I will :)).

Planning for Pauper's VIII starts tomorrow morning... :D

20. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Can't wait to see the finished product!

21. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Wow, this trip has come a long way since the PimpDaddy run that inspired the Paupers run several years ago. Thanks again to Jeffrey, Jon, Eric and and all the Penske and Auto Gallery guys for everything. You guys all made this the best one ever, as everyone agrees!

I was one of the guys who checked out early. We left after the Saturday drive to beat the Sunday traffic. So I missed the Maloof tour on Sunday. How was it? Any pics? Did the Leno rumors turn about to be just rumors?

22. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #272 C4YES, Oct 19, 2009
  23. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    When did you get the ticket? Living up to your screen name I see.. I suppose its better that he got you at that speed vs some others.

24. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    During our Saturday drive to Mt. Charleston a Highway Patrol Officer going the opposite direction came upon us rounding a corner and by the time he switched on his radar he nabbed one of the guys in the back of the pack. We were told they were at the bottom of the mountain waiting for us to come down. We ALWAYS (hint hint wink wink) follow the speed limit anyways, but we were extra cautious this time. We had quite a chuckle when we got back on the freeway and on the shoulder were 2 Highway Patrol cars. 1 of them was up on a jack and they were changing a flat tire!!!!!! Did anyone get a pic, that would have been awesome!

25. bkmberg

bkmberg Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frances
    Very nice! Can't wait to see the finished version! :)