Parting out Mondials | FerrariChat

Parting out Mondials

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by andrewg, Jul 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    As some of the people on Fchat already know over the past month I've either bought or have part exchanged my way into 3 additional Mondials..all QV's and all way beyond repair. yes it does cause me some anguish to do this but I'm not an excentric billionaire and the factory resto programme may be a tad too much for my budget

Robs kindly agreed to me posting this, and I thought it would be fun to see what the "you can't scrap a Ferrari" people's opinions would be given the repair costs (your all more than welcome to come over and buy them :D) and conditions, for a guide a good QV in the UK is worth around £10,000

Car 1 84 QV Rosso Corsa - 80k miles no interior and a trashed motor, bodywork rough in places. this one was bought by it's previous owner as a fixer upper, and has been sitting for almost 3 years since dropping a valve, during that time most of the engine parts have been lost and the body's started to dissolve, oh and the interior looks like mice have been in there!

Cost to repair / restore..........about £5k for bodywork, £10k + for mechanicals + interior £2k so about £17k to get it back on the road

Car 2 83 QV Blue Chiaro - 45k miles, again no interior, but this time the car had a minor front end prang, no point repairing as there's some frame damage.

Front wings alone are £700 each from Ferrari UK!... but the motor and trans are perfect, just need a new water pump a major and they're ready to go (£3k ish if anybody needs one)

The best part is this car came with 4 almost new mili tyres :) no doubt they'll be of some use to one of the UK guys!

Car 3 83 Qv Nero (but was red at some point!) this is the best of the bunch, the last owner traded it in on a 348tb last week........the negotiations went like this

Cust - will you take a mondial QV in part exchange?
    AG - of course, great cars, what condition is it in?
    Cust - we haven’t driven it for about 4 years so it could do with some work
    AG - (thinking, oh god not again!) what's the body like and does it run
    Cust - erm I don't know it hasn’t moved from where I parked it 4 years ago, the tyres are flat and the battery probably needs replacing
    AG - OK but without out seeing it I can only offer you it's value as a parts car
    Cust - hmmmm I was thinking of around £8k
    Ag - I think we may be a little adrift on what a parts cars worth ;) they're currently selling for around £3-4k if the engine and trans are ok
    Cust - OK........you may need a Land Rover or a big winch to move it though......and a set of hedge trimmers or a scythe!

Needless to say when we went to pick it up there wasn't a great deal of car left! more a collection of Ferrari parts and a huge mound of rust (two bin/trash cans full of rust grime and body filler!) it took almost an hour to cut it free from the surrounding undergrowth and hedge!

So if anybody needs any Mondial bits keep an eye out on Ebay (ebay acct CSOffroad) or PM me what you need, http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZcsoffroadQQhtZ-1

ALL SUBSCRIBED MEMBERS OF FERRARICHAT.COM GET 5% OFF

Pictures to follow as we set about tearing them down :(

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Please check your PMs, I sent something to you a bit ago concerning a Mondial

3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Sorry, forgot to reply.....

we havent got the passenger vent (or at least a complete one!) but I do have 3 sets of black trim for the rear sail / flying buttress, was thinking one could make a decent colour coding experiment

4. GabyTR

GabyTR Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Spain
    Hello, Andrew i need a original Steering Wheel, have you one for sale?

My mail is [email protected]

Best Regards

Gaby

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I'd like to buy that seat knob. Please pm details.
    Thanks
    Sam

6. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    fuel door selanoid...
    conv. top latches ( if a cab)
    window switches
    rear window motors
    thanks....

7. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    would be interested in a junk head to experiment with flows, port and polish.
    Perhaps the dropped valve head?
    PM if available
    thanks

8. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Hi Andrew do you have inside door openers?
    Charles
    USA

9. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I would like a spare clutch slave cylinder assembly! Got one?

Birdman