PAINTSHOP recomendation | FerrariChat

PAINTSHOP recomendation

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by 997usa, Jul 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    While cruising along hwy 40, from Foreign Cars Italia, i struck a piece of rubber with a nail, causing an near immediate flat on my rear driver side tire; In addition, it rubbed off some paint on the body, where the side folds into the rear wheel well.

Does anyone have a real good recommendation for a bodyshop in the Raleigh / Durham area?

2. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    OUCH!! I would give Terry a call at Exotic Coach- I'm sure he can recommend a quality paint shop. 919-781-1871

3. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    #3 997usa, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Through some recommendations, i went to Auto Arts, Inc. in Raleigh. Can HIGHLY recommend Mike and his shop. Below the before and after.... Unfortunately, the 'before' was what the service manager and their choice of body shop, at the dealer, FCI in Greensboro, thought was acceptable.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Are you kidding?!? I just lost some respect for FCI... I'm glad you were able to find a shop to sort it out appropriately!

5. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Nope, unfortunately i am not kidding; The guys at FCI are very nice, and i have a lot of good relations there, however, i do agree that they should never have let the car go out like this. To their defense, they asked their body shop to touch it up, but they should not have accepted the result.

Now for the fix, i can highly recommend Auto Arts Inc for all kinds of customizations. They did a really good job on this.

6. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I can't believe they let it go like that. Beautiful car though.