Paintball, Airsoft, anyone? | FerrariChat

Paintball, Airsoft, anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TestShoot, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Any of you guys do paintball or airsoft?

I am just screwing around on http://www.LowestPaintballPrices.com trying to find images of all the products, but I got lazy and deleted like 800 products.

Anyway, I am thinking of giving it a try, you'd think with access to the gear I would have given it a shot by now, but nope.

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Paintball is for pansies...Real men Nerf :)

Actually, my brother and I organize these crazy nerf wars in SoCal that people fly from all over the country to go to. Sounds a bit odd for a bunch of college kids running around shooting each other with nerf guns...but it really is a lot of fun! We take apart the guns and modify them for better range and accuracy. Some of the guns are so powerful now that a good shot can leave a bruise for weeks :)

At least its a good way to relieve stress! A bit cheaper than paintball too.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Uh... N E R F ? ? ?

Isn't that how dogs bark in French?

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I *totally* used to do this as a kid. One of my favorite mods was using the first air-powered rotating gattling guns (meant for arrows - held 6 and it had a 'snap' firing mechanism) and shoving a bunch of darts into it. Those thing would FLY!

That's totally cool. I thought NERF went downhill with a bunch of babied products and ****.

--Dan

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    We were playing yesterday with a fully auto mac-11 with suppressor. Rattles off 30 rounds a second at 350 feet per second. I was shot with a spring air gun that does 250 fps and had a horrible circular, bloody bruise. If the mac-11 hit me it probably would have broken the skin. Maybe Nerf is safer, but airsoft, you play for keeps!

6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Nerf did go way downhill...with all their damn guns shaped like animals. Most of the new guns suck anyway. Thats why all the guns we use are old (about 10 years) and highly modified. We have got a few guns that shoot 150 ft. easily. Apart from Nerf, there are a few knock off competitor products that use the same darts and are much better. Some guys use some of those as well.

But in response to the thread, Ive done a little bit of paintballing too. Back in Texas my brother and I went to a friends ranch with a bunch of his buddies and had a 2 day war in the forest surrounding the ranch. We started about 1 or 2 miles apart from each other, had multiple objectives, and battled it out all night! Pretty crazy!