Paint inside of bumpers | FerrariChat

Paint inside of bumpers

Discussion in '206/246' started by racerboy9, Aug 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Got my rubber bumper trim installed (nice and tight) and was wondering if the inside of the bumpers should be painted and what color. I have had a few that had a light gray-green primer on the inside but I don't know if this was original.

2. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    yes, grey is correct….

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. MMorini

MMorini Rookie

Jan 8, 2009
    This is the colour of the inside bumper of my "73 Euro 246gt.

I have had all bumpers re-chromed and now need to paint the insides.

Is any one able to advise the correct spec. and colour?

Would greatly appreciate any advice.

i

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    on daytonas, no paint is considered correct. same bumper suppliers?

5. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have some Daytona bumpers that by all indications are completely un-touched (except for rust and general deterioration) since they left the factory.

Similar grey paint as in the first reply. So my personal opinion is that the grey paint has a fair chance of being correct even for a Daytona; I have an example old bumper, and given that these are basically Fiat-manufacturing-influenced cars, I would be surprised if Daytonas and Dinos differed in how their bumpers were prepped.

Perhaps there was some change later in the production run, but the claim was that the bumper I had came from a plexi Daytona...

6. MMorini

MMorini Rookie

Jan 8, 2009
    "Got my rubber bumper trim installed (nice and tight) and was wondering if the inside of the bumpers should be painted and what color. I have had a few that had a light gray-green primer on the inside but I don't know if this was original." comment racerboy9 at the start of this thread.

My colour could be considered "gray-green" ?

Any thoughts..

7. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I would agree with you, my original bumpers were coated with a grey / green primer ie similar to RAL7032

8. MMorini

MMorini Rookie

Jan 8, 2009
    Thank you Tony, I was considering RAL6011 but will now go for RAL7032 "Pebble Gray", mat finish...

Will post the results!

9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    RAL6011 was to dark where compared to my bumpers, i looked at that as well. 6021 is close and so was 7032, unfortunately I cannot remember what i used. If you have the colour on a bumper there are people who can now scan the paint for the correct code and mix it for you