Paint code | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Paint code

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Arvid, Jul 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Klaus,

Hopefully they will reply. I'm sure at least one of them has the information You need. BTW,have You tried the 400 clubs ?

My car is scheduled for paint late september and by the next few weeks I hope to have sprayed up some models and compared it to the original paint. Should also have it scanned but I'm in the middle of nowhere regarding expertize and professional paint shops.

A

2. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    #27 Ewan, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The garage have emailed me a picture of my original paint code sticker from the boot. The bit that says Bruno Acajou is clear to read, but unfortunately the number section underneath that is not clear! It might be clearer to the naked eye, so next time I'm down there I'll take a proper look.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
  4. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Many thanks Ewan,

It would be great if You could check it in person next time You have the opportunity. It's interesting to see if it matches the code from Cremonini. I'm not relying on the code to finish the paint job but it would help and also very nice to know for future references and forum members. It would also look nice on the new paint code sticker ;-)

I have received a code as mentioned earlier in the thread. The problem with this is the 8-digits compared to other 7-digits Italver codes. It might be a glitch from them but I've asked them to check it once more.

5. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    Roberto from Cremonini got back to me and while he does not have the full info on the car he believes my color is either Bianco Polo Park Cod. 20302303 or Avorio Safari Cod. 20308607

6. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Klaus,

Was that the info You hoped for or are you just as far ?

7. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    am just as far as original info on car #'s goes and possible true color code number; inching our way forward:) Thanks

8. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    A fun little update for those interested in my search. The lab at PPG of UK confirmed today that Bruno Acajou is the same color as used on Peugeot 504 Coupe by Pininfarina. Peugeot calls it Brun Acajou with code 1498. Both cars where built at the same period at same factory.

I think they look a tad different on pictures but l might be fooled by light conditions etc. I will have three different models sprayed up,Pininfarina/Italver 20299608 - Glasurit 104B - Peugeot 1498.

A quick google for 504 Coupe shows a really nice brown metallic. After comparison we will know for sure.

9. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    #34 Arvid, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Well,the search goes on and the date for project-start is only 14 days away :)

It turns out that it's not best bet Peugeot 1498,neither is it Glasurit 104B,as suggested by Pininfarina. Peugeot has another darker variant called 1398. This might be the correct one according to technicians at RM-systems when comparing year in use what was delivered to Pininfarina-plant. 1398 is the next I will test and might be correct but in the meantime the hunt for the original Ferrari/Pininfarina formula goes on.

Thanks to a german speaking friend I have aquired bits of the original paint code from a original Bruno Acajou 400GT for sale in Munich. But the three last digits are blurry and unreadable... The readable part is 0373537xxx

Does this look familiar to any of You ?? Have You seen or heard of this code before and know the following three digits ? Is there someone I can contact that might know ?

For those who say "do a scan" I can assure that it has been done. The result was Bruno Mogano 856 which we did a spray test on,and of course,it was not a match. And there is of course several brown metallics that is very close but are they the same in different light conditions ? These original colors had a fantastic life in them changing accordingly after daylight,sunlight and evening light. This can not be replicated by choosing the closest looking one,only by getting the formula correct.

Many of you know what I'm talking about.

Slightly panicking here... ;-)