Paint brand / type recommendations | FerrariChat

Paint brand / type recommendations

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JAS12, Oct 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    I want to get the front louvred grill insert repainted as well as my door repaired and repainted due to an unfortunate dent done on my part (don't ask as I'm still punishing myself) and want to get opinions on which brand, type and stage of paint people recommend and have had good luck with. The body shop I'm using works on a lot of German cars and their work is very good but I figured I would ask here what people's experience and thought are as to the different paints available. Thanks Jay

2. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    It's not the paint that is most important, but the machine that mixes the paint.

For the paint itself. If the Mondial still has its original layer you cannot get this paint anymore due to environmental legislation. If you go to a good bodyshop and it seems you do, they should get you the exact (current) match, but new and old paint especially red and yellow are difficult are they color over time so they would need to scan it. Still since one is old and one is fresh one it is painted in most cases the colors will start to unmatch due. That is also the reason why many repaint the whole car :)