PA Wilkes-Barre Vintage Races | FerrariChat

PA Wilkes-Barre Vintage Races

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by muk_yan_jong, Jan 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    I grew up at Harvey's Lake and in Wilkes-Barre. Anyone who has driven around the lake knows how tight it is. I can only imagine what it was like in the day! - Giant's Despair is a GREAT road as well.

Anyone know where this Ferrari ended up?

http://www.harveyslake.org/text/story_brynfan.htm

2. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    I literally just got back from a drive around Harvey's Lake! If you need any local assistance let me know.

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    1956:
    500 TR Spider Scaglietti Chassis #0614 MDTR.
    See also pictures on pages 15 and 20-23 of Tom Burnside's book "American Racing", and picture on page 173 of Terry O’Neill’s book “Northeast American Sports Car Races 1950-1959".

Same car today.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

375+ likes this.
  4. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Thank you Marcel. Glad to see she is still pure.

JJ. I can taste and smell a Grotto Pizza when I think about The Lake, although what I remember was a tiny place with 5 booths and a lone jukebox... Glad potato pancakes are still available though!

Grandparents had a small Post-War Cottage on Hillside and we could walk everywhere and swim at the beach just off of the roundabout. Many a 4th of July there with the long-lost gatherings (read loud family arguments) and cousin reunions.

My first drive around the lake (I was 14) was probably what ruined me for driving. It isn't the same, but still a wonderful place and a good drive.

5. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Not a whole lot has changed... :)