P90X & Insanity which is better ? | FerrariChat

P90X & Insanity which is better ?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by DonJuan348, Mar 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Which is more recommended between the two. From the infomerical, Insanity would give you better endurance and more usable muscle performance. That's just mi take on it.

2. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Someone who I find very credible, and who has done both, recommends Insanity.

3. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Also, why would you recommend one over the other

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    All you can do is try it and see.

5. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    I have only done P90x and have yet to try Insanity. I have read articles and seen schedules that incorporate both workouts to form a super crazy version, mixing the best parts of both. However, it is probably best to try each individually before doing both at once. Remember, that the diet you follow will drastically change if you choose to incorporate both, so be cautious of this.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Well, i ordered it yesterday. Had enough with m belly that i cant lose with my regular work out at the gym. My wife also wants to tone her body so we will be doing it together.

We'll start when we are back from NY in June..

7. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I started the Insanity and its difficult. From mi view, Insanity is more cardio based and will help with your sports performance.

P90X is more body sculpting and its also challenging ...

8. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    It's just a DVD. Pack it along with your laptop and you can work out anywhere. Why wait? Doesn't sound like you two are if you are going to put it off for a month.

9. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Do you know the name of this routine? Would like to try it. I have the striations and my stomach is flat, but I don't have definition. I was thinking of starting the P90X ab ripper routine, but would be willing to try something even more intense.

Funny thing is, my abs are stronger and I can do crunches and situps quicker than a couple of guys I know who have amazingly defined abs.

10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I wont have time in NY to follow it day by day. Will be visiting the whole family (cousins in dwtwn, sister in Ct, dad in NY Upstate and going to race track etc..Everytime i go there i barely have time to stay put.

I am actually very excited to start..and was thinking of starting as soon as i get the DVD and restarting when i come back.

11. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Bro, make the time for it. It takes an hour of commitment every day and you get a rest day every so often--not that big a deal. Eat right and do the program. Make it your priority and you will find the time to do it. Move other things around, but not this. Every day you push it off, pushes off your fitness goal by a day. Don't kill a month. Commit.

I am doing the ab ripper starting today. Looking forward to being sore for the next few days. :)

12. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Finishing week 13 of P90X classic myself this week. I love it! Very challenging and I lost 25lbs. Seemed to plateau at 216lbs and im stuck there which is fine with me at 6'2", could be a combo of adding muscle and losing fat. Ill take 2 weeks off as per the suggestion in the manual then start over again pushing harder with heavier weights. I feel much stronger in day to day activities, the routines are much easier but as tough as you want to make them really, I look and feel better and have a resting heartrate of 60 - I highly recommend it.

13. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Ill try to take it with me but i dont see where i ll work out (Staying at my sis home and i dont want to make a mess..). I got the DVDs today so i will start the fit test tonight...

Im not taking a picture though...:)

14. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Congrats!!

15. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    P90X has been around for awhile but I've never heard of Insanity. I'll have to look into it.

16. snowmann

snowmann Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    If you have a belly - do insanity. Both programs are great and if you follow them you'll get results. I did P90x and I was impressed with the results. My boss is on insanity and she was about 40 lbs over weight. After a few months on insanity she is a head turner. I was floored with the results she got. Hands down the best program out there.

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Did the fit test yesterday and the first DVD today. It kicked our asses. We did stop a few times for 4-5 seconds but we did it all...Im pretty excited. I was soaked by the end of the 45mns.

I am also looking forward to waking up sore!

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I can see how it will help my belly cause you dont stop..and it gets even more intense instead of slowing down, plus it works the core mostly.

19. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Wait till you do the legs and back CD....you want sore? You'll have problems walking for the next 3 days.

20. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I did the second CD yesterday and i am very sore already :). I wonder if i should buy a better pair of shoes. I have the most basic Nike..

21. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I do the routine in my bare feet on carpet. Let us know when you do legs and back.....single leg wall squats here we come!

22. brownsgolf

brownsgolf Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2007
    Western PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    If I'm getting this correctly, with Insanity there is no need for the pull up bar like with P90X.

If that assumption is correct, which it appears to be on the website, I will be ordering this to give it a try over the summer.

23. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    with Insanity you need no equipment other than oxygen ... I have it and have been using it.

24. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im not there yet. When is it? I dont see it in the schedule.

Im just done with week 1 and im loving it. I cant follow his rhythm but most of it. When im done, i feel very good.

25. HobbsTC

HobbsTC Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2004
    Lakeland, FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    So I am thinking about using Insanity as my cardio for the week and still lifting 3 times a week. I usually run/bike/row 6 days a week, so it would just replace that. Think this would be ok?