P-car mechanic in Denver? | FerrariChat

P-car mechanic in Denver?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by sherpa23, May 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have a friend who's buying a 1982 911 SC and he wants to talk to good mechanic before he buys the car. Any suggestions as to who's good or not? If it were a Ferrari, I could just send him to Dave but I don't know anything about where to take a Porsche. Thanks in advance.

2. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Hello Ryan,
    Have your friend try Pat Moyle at Motorsport, Inc. Pat operates this small, "old time-like" shop. He has a very loyal following in the Porsche club racing circles. He is in the process of doing a 356 engine for me now. Most of his work is on 6 cylinder cars however. Few with more expierence, none more honest. His number is 303.922.3560.
    Ron Hetherington

3. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Poudre Sport in Fort Collins is also a top Porsche garage. I had our GT2 motor built there and won the SCCA champ.without ever touching the motor.
    970/229-0990 ask for Steven
    Roland
    F40LM

4. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Why not just send him to Porsche Chat?

5. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You're right Frank, but do they have one ?? I guess that the F chat is so good and followed by the best, that everyone ask questions about all cars. We must be good !!!
    Get your car clean for Saturday, you might want to go to that school to show the car to the kids with me. It's just East on Arapaho.
    Roland
    F40LM

6. Pat S

Pat S Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    Aurora CO
  7. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Right, check Pelican and check at the same time who's car is on the cover
    Even for Porsche parts, they use my F40LM..Thanks anyway
    Roland
    F40LM

8. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Ryan you can also post this question on 6speedonline. That site has some members from the CO area that I have seen, and I am sure they will be able to help you. Good luck to your friend.

:)

9. Pat S

Pat S Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    Aurora CO
    Ronald I didn't quite follow what you meant? Are you saying they somehow use your car to promote their parts and you therefore want nothing to do with them? Or did I just read it wrong?
    Just curious... I've had nothing but good experiences with both the company and a vast majority of the folks at the site. The owner Wayne posts here often and has a 308 as well.

Pat

10. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hi Pat, No, no It's a just exiting to see my car for other web pages and also Chrysler used my car ??? Very cool, fine with me
    Roland
    F40LM

11. Pat S

Pat S Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    Aurora CO
    Ahh, That's good. It seemed out of character for you :)

Thanks,
    Pat