Owner's Manuals for Canadian Spec Ferraris | FerrariChat

Owner's Manuals for Canadian Spec Ferraris

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Wade, Apr 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #1 Wade, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Question here for original and current owners of Canadian Spec Ferraris, specifically the 348.

Are the owner's manuals labeled "Canadian Version", or similar? I'm trying to find an accurate set of manuals and pouch. Since these items can be quite expensive I'd like to buy the right ones in the first place.

As an example, this is what the U.S. cars received:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. seabass23

seabass23 Karting

Nov 6, 2016
    St Albert, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Matt
    My Canadian Spec 348 came with manuals labeled "U.S. Version". I'm not the first owner though, so I can't absolutely guarantee that I have the correct ones.

3. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Thanks, that's the same I've seen... U.S. manuals in Canadian cars, but seemingly after-the-fact.

Any first owners out there?

4. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    My original canadian testarossa had all US books. I know they were original as the car had ALL the paperwork and I spoke to the previous 3 owners. Only original item missing was the exhaust and the second owner still had it and I bought it back.

So back in 90s they had US books.

5. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I would be surprised if they made any reference to the Canadian market.

6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Thanks, but one would think a supplement at least.

Differences are; DRLs, no mouse motor seatbelts, no engine ECU test buttons and has provisions for the CANFIX system.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355-sponsored-bradan/545475-what-button.html

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Early OMs were identical to US manuals. Later OMs were the same, but said US-Canada and had English and French sections in the same OM. That started around 2005 with the F430 and 2006 with the 612.

8. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    I post a topic about différence between US & Canadian 328.

I'm surprised to have got any answer. Nobody know or all don't care ?

9. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    I believe one difference would be that Canadian 328s have metric only gauges.

10. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
  11. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
  12. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Bertrand, I posted "at least on some cars" because I have no reliable information as to whether all cars originally sold new in Canada have the bumpers with "tabs(?)." I had heard that some cars sold new in Canada were US versions including non-metric gauges, all coming through Ferrari North America, but I can't remember when or from whom I heard that. I have only seen one "Canadian" 328 in-the-metal, a black GTS in Vancouver about 8 years ago - I don't think the then owner is on F-Chat - and seen photos of another, a red GTS that was for sale in Calgary about 8 years ago.

With respect to metric gauges on Canadian, are all gauges metric or only the speedometer and odometer? I recall the aforementioned black GTS as having the metric speedo/odo but I don't recall if the other gauges were metric or Imperial / US measurements.

13. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Interestingly, this one for sale has a km/h speedo but the other gauges are not metric:

1987 Ferrari 328 - Kelowna $119,000 | autoTRADER.ca

same with this one

1989 Ferrari 328 - Windsor $150,000 | autoTRADER.ca

Perhaps these are US cars with the speedos changed? or the other gauges weren't metric for Canada?

14. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The red one in Kelowna doesn't have the Canadian style bumper, whereas the white one in Windsor does. To quote Lewis Carroll "curiouser and curiouser."

15. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    What about the other car ? Ferrari or not.
    There was no legal rule for this in Canada at that time ?

Few weeks ago, I saw a Mondial fitted with "Canadian front bumper" in .. Belgium ! But I haven't meet the owner ( probably one car imported ). Not sure I will see another one soon in my area.

16. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Metrification in Canada started in the early 70's was not fully implemented until the early 80's. Road signs, speedometers and odometers were in metric by 1977 / 78. But Canadians continue to this day to use both measurements, informally if not formally, e.g., we might use metric in talking about vehicle acceleration and speed but "miles per gallon" in talking about fuel consumption. Our history of using Imperial measures from our days as a British colony and the continuing influence of the US media and marketing are strong. I don't know what, if any, government requirements were in place with respect to using metric for secondary gauges or whether smaller auto manufacturers were exempt.

As to the Mondial with a "Canadian" bumper, I think all US version Mondial 3.2 have the "tabs". The first time that I saw a "Canadian" bumper on a 328, I thought it was actually a Mondial 3.2 bumper that had been installed as a replacement, possibly due to crash damage. I passed on the car because, at that time, I didn't know about the Canadian version and the (BMW) dealer couldn't explain it.

17. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Interesting to know...

18. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Part of the answer here :

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/308-328-sponsored-yellow-compass-group/545027-candian-328-a.html

19. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks Bertrand. Anything more on the gauges? All metric? Some metric? If the secondary gauges are metric on Canadian market cars, I wonder whether there was an insert or addendum to the Canadian owner's manual, which takes us back to the question of the original post.

20. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Jon,

I check my notes and all "Canadian" 328 I have picture are with metric speedometer. But I don't know all of them....

Concerning owner's manual, I don't have any information. But those book have a reference. So if Canadian owner's manual exists, it would have a specific reference

21. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    The list of "international country codes used in charts for printed language and/or specific maket version" has been published in OTTO magazine N°7.

There is any Canadian version of owner's handbook for 348 or 328 listed

22. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Aside from the actual owner's manual, can anyone confirm exactly what literature came inside the Ferrari pouch for the 348?

23. Thomas N Iannella

Jul 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Thomas N Iannella
    Hi, my name is Tom, I have a 1995 F355 Spider. In the past few weeks, my speedometer is sporadic and only working on and off... also the needle does not go to the zero mark when the car is turned off. Any ideas.?

24. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Some literature on the tires. I will take a look tonight and post

boxcarracer likes this.
  25. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome - take a look in the 355 section about speedo sender problems - classic Ferrari issue

If you take a close look at your speedo you should see a pin preventing it go to zero