Owners, and perceptions of owners - why are you here on fchat? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Owners, and perceptions of owners - why are you here on fchat?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daytona355, Sep 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I joined because the timing belts told me to.

JP365, stavura, Texas Forever and 5 others like this.
  2. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Joined because I love these cars (and Lambo's and Porsches and Astons and ...). Would love to have one and could, but it wouldn't be responsible of me, so I live vicariously through all of you that do. And go on dealer sites and drool. A lot.

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    If you can, you should. Take it from a guy that waited far too long, I finally took the plunge and have not regretted my decision once.

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm here for the pretty girls threads

stavura, daytona355 and JaguarXJ6 like this.
  5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Glad I didnt wait too long and never regretted it once. Totally different ownership experience coming from 911's.

Texas Forever and Thecadster like this.
  6. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I came because I had bought a 355 and it instantly went into the repair shop, lol. So I needed maintenance advice.

I stayed because I found a community of smart people unlike any I had encountered before.

jm2, stavura, Texas Forever and 6 others like this.
  7. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I was sent by the Tesla forum to ridicule you all for destroying the planet and having way too much money.

obbob, Solid State, AshAP and 7 others like this.
  8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Isn't that what every 355 owner says :p

jm2, obbob, sammysaber and 4 others like this.
  9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    As a shadetree mechanic, I have been blessed enough to grow up in the internet age where other car guys willfully share their knowledge and experiences that make self maintenance a much easier proposition for any car.

Plus i like getting in arguments with and insulting people that can't physically punch me.

Bmkohen, JP365, stavura and 10 others like this.
  10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lol... Finally an honest post!

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I joined to speak with like minded enthusiasts and owners about all things ferrari, from the cars themselves, to the personalities involved at all levels, to the racing efforts, and also to ‘meet’ other successful people and learn from their experiences, not only with Ferraris, but in general. Not everyone would know it, but we have a lot of very very successful and hard working members here that have stories of how they achieved success which are so very inspiring. I’ve also met a few of my ‘Fchat heroes’ on occasion - I’m sure their meeting me wasn’t so impressive from their point of view, but I never tire of hearing from them, they know who they are I guess.

unfortunately on the negative side, theres a whole group of people who only post in order to rile Ferrari owners and enthusiasts, and make a concerted effort to cause problems. Why they bother is beyond me, as there are entire forums devoted to their own interests, but it seems trolling on a ferrari biased site turns them on.

12. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I chanced on FC after buying my 458 in 2014. It is great for learning quickly about a specific model and you get to learn from others mistakes without making them personally. I do find it interesting that in this day of mostly Facebook focused pages, forums like this on other topics have become dormant. If you check out similar forums for motorcycles etc, they can be very stale, with little to no activity. IMO, this forum is unique.

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    absolutely, the posting rates here are wild compared to similar sites, it’s somehow created a proper community of like minded people here where other sites seem unable to generate the kind of friendly relationships this one does

wrxmike likes this.
  14. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Came for the cars. Incredible people and information. Like at all good parties ended up in the kitchen. See the food section at the bottom here.

15. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Came to Fchat in 2003 when quite a few other users from "Ferrarilist" moved here. Good technical information with images hosted in the forum ( not externally ), many active forums, well moderated and generally intelligent discussions. It's also patronised by many of the movers in the Ferrari scene ( authors, key collectors, restorers, concorso judges, senior owners club officials) and hence has credibilty.
    M

JaguarXJ6 and daytona355 like this.
  16. JeremyE30

JeremyE30 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    GA
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    The maintenance DIY fixes and the classifieds.

17. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I came to FChat originally needing Mechanical advice - and also liked the F-1 forum for up to date info from those on site in Europe. I have had my share of political debates... and probably have not earned any friends in Politics section... but that was something that evolved... I find interesting as there are some smart folks here...

As for a source of All Ferrari its a great site. My whole life I've dreamed about owning a Ferrari and have now had 3 of them... and love the cars, but more importantly the people its brought me into contact with. I would say that my wife and I have more Ferrari related friends that non Ferrari related friends. the funny thing is when we are all together - we don't talk much about Ferrari! we have traveled around the world together and count a great many as good friends.

F chat has also been a way for me to communicate FCA events - I've been the Ga. Chapter President on and off for the last 15 - 20 years... so its a great way to get the word out.

I've made some friends here as well... Fast Lapp is a great example we met for a 10 hour kart race - and have been friends since... and there is a 20 year age gap... its amazing how Ferrari Chat has made an impact - 98% positive. P&R... well that is self inflicted so its more in moderation. ... but I don't have any other social media venue I use - other than Facebook - but that is how I track my racing buddies... and foodies...

stavura, Dolcevita, MalcQV and 2 others like this.