oversprayremoval | FerrariChat

oversprayremoval

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by jacques, Aug 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    HELLO..i'VE JUST HAD MY 1980 400I REPAINTED...however.. after about three months of curring...on the glass only..any suggestions for removal..the new paint job has only been rinsed with water once, as it has been at the mechanic's..now...It's time for its very first wash/detail/wax...any thoughts on the overspray..would be welcommed...thanks...... Jacques..over..

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    A claybar can usually help with overspray removal. Meguiars, Mothers, etc. make claybar kits that you should be able to get at an autoparts store.

Dom

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. Lasalle

Lasalle Rookie

May 6, 2006
    I just removed a bit of roof tar overspray from my 360 with Mother's clay kit. It worked very well

5. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    If it's on the glass (windsheild, side windows,etc), try super fine steel wool and paint thinner.... (don't get any on the paint!). If that doesn't cut it move up to laquer thinner and so on (don't get any on the paint!). If you are not brave enough for steel wool use and cloth with some texture to it and a lot of elbow grease.

6. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I've used straight razors on glass to remove overspray with no problems.

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    another good approach

8. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    A single edge razor blade works very well. I use this method all the time.

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Paint clay is EXCELLENT on glass. I have removed years old overspray from glass (not automotive in this case) and have removed automotive overspray from car windshields in a snap. Much safer (for you and the windshield) than a razor blade.
    Another idea: If you read my post "Honest Langka Feedback" you'll realize that the Langka stuff would be a very good candidate for overspray removal on painted surfaces. Even old overspray.