Overseas Parts Shipping Info | FerrariChat

Overseas Parts Shipping Info

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lkstaack, Apr 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    U.S. DIYers who are uncertain about ordering parts from the UK may be interested in these data points.

On Saturday, I discovered that the heat exchanger on my 360 needed to be replaced. On Sunday, I ordered parts from Eurospares (UK), Scuderia Car Parts (UK), and Ricambi America (NC). I ordered from three different shops because 1) none had all the parts I needed in stock (I ordered parts for more than one project), and 2) I wanted the lowest prices. All parts were shipped to my home in San Diego. I didn't request expedited shipping on any of the orders.

All three shops e-mailed me invoices on Monday. The two UK shops would ship DHL, and USPS from Ricambi (it was a small order). I received my order from Eurospares on Tuesday! Shipping was so fast that they provided tracking information after I had already received the order. Scuderia provided an invoice quickly, but didn't ship until Wednesday, with arrival on Thursday. The Ricambi order shipped on Monday and I also received it on Thursday.

The cost for DHL shipping from the UK wasn't cheap (about $110 from the two shops). Shipping represented 9% of the subtotal from one shop and 12% from the other (USPS postage was 12% of the parts subtotal). The UK shops did not note a charge for VAT or taxes. Despite high shipping costs, I still saved hundreds of dollars.

I already knew that Ricambi gets orders out fast, so I expected their parts by the next weekend. However, I didn't expect shipments from the UK to arrive so fast. I now know that if I place an order to the UK on a weekend for parts they have in stock, I should receive it in time for the following weekend. Not bad.