Our NC meeting at the Farm | FerrariChat

Our NC meeting at the Farm

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by ntol, Feb 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Thanks again to khughes for opening up his dragstrip for us guys to get together today. It was nice meeting everyone and hope we can start doing it more often. Here are some pics I hope everyone else will be posting others from today also.

Here is a shot of khughes 355 F1

2. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Jack Russell Racing...here is my shot of your awesome 348. It sounds great... and that paint... man, not a single lint scratch or nothing. Just beautiful. Nice meeting you.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#3 Ricambi America, Feb 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Can you believe those RaceDeck guys? What a shameless marketing ploy! (Actually, they had some sample tiles. Very, very, cool stuff.)

They didn't really distribute brochures, but I thought it'd look cool next to Kevin's factory shields...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#4 Ricambi America, Feb 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I give most of the credit to Mike @ LNS (www.lnsmotorcars.com). That, and of course some Griot's clay.

(By the way Martin & Mike, I didn't run the car down the strip... just had a good time watching the other folks chew up some rubber.)

6. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Jack Russel...we need to put you on the payroll...head of marketing and advertising....LOL..

Thanks man...and oh yeah...nice pic!

7. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Just got back alittle while ago myself and man what a day! Thanks to Dan for the ride in 348ts.......and to Kevin for opening the track up for us.

I'll try to get some video posted for you guys this week!

Gotta go rest now we ran into snow in asheville. I thought I had traction trouble at the strip........haaaaaaaa try snow hahaha

L8tr
    Jeremy

8. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    just some simple exhaust modifications eh? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    short buses :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Look at that jerk in the red car cutting off the guy in the Audi!! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    one fast family car...

I got a few others, but that about rounds the film out here for me.

I'll try to get my friend to get his video all together, once he does i'll send a link over here to Fchat.

btw, thanks so much Kevin for opening the track up for us today, had a great time.

9. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Thanks for posting the photos so quickly, guys. Makes me even sorrier I missed the event. I'll return the favor at the next F-meeting I get to.

res

10. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    ...looking forward to it Bob. :)

11. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED IT!!! My dad did not show any interest in going, and I had no way of getting there. Ah, the joy of not having a license and no car!!!! I hope i make it to the next one, from the pictures there were some great cars out there. Hope we can do it again sometime, maybe a spring trip to VIR for the Ferrari get together they do.

12. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    I think we need to plan an spring/summer trip to the Dragon. I've never been but it is only an hour from Asheville I heard....if that is too far then I know of some great roads within minutes of Asheville. Whaddaya say?

Video is going to be edited today/tomorrow then I'll post it up.

13. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I had to babysit my mother in law, father in law is in the hosp.

Wish I was there!

Ed

14. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Nearly all the M3's? I thought I got em all....Thanks to a k and n drop in filter and a flowmaster muffler. :)

Thank you so much for letting us run your track Kevin. I had a blast.

15. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    That one red 3 series with a m3 motor and lightweight fly wheel ran a 8.8 or 8.9 I think which is pretty good! My friends S4 ran a 8.7 (quattro helped him launch like crazy while I spun away).

hey Pat what kind of tires do you have in order to get traction like you were?

16. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Yeah, Chris's 3er is definately potent.

17. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    I demand a rematch! Just kidding. I guess I wasnt paying much attention to the times.

I'm running Falkin Azenis. They are a great all around tire and not expensive. They have no wet weather traction though.

I hope to see some of you guys autocrossing this year. check out www.auto-x.com if your interested.

18. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
  19. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.
    Hello to all !

I have been lurking around your thread and truly had hoped to join everyone for your day at the "farm". Thanks for all the great videos and photos.

Please add me to your list of locals for any future events / meetings. With 2 little ones ( sons ) running around my weekends fill up but I always will try.

I even planned on stopping by the auto cross that Borkap had mentioned but the weather turned that morning. Looked like a good way to use up some tires.

Anyway, "hello" to all and please add me to your running list of eager drivers.

20. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    We are planing a trip to deals gap I'm thinking april 16th -18th.

Also there is an autocross the 14th. You can check out www.auto-x.com for more details and you can pre register at

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=1434&psrnd=.15929725795264082398798697082639582087

Hope to see you there. I'll be the little yellow turbo miata. Stop by and say Hi.

I think jackrussell may be there as well. Although I'm sure he will just watch (the little nancy)

21. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    How the hell did I miss this?

Anyway I could not have gone. As a USMC reservist, no first weekend of the month is free. (Damn!)

Tell me more about this April thing??? I would love to go to that!!!!!

DrS