[OT] Roll Over at MSR Houston... | FerrariChat

[OT] Roll Over at MSR Houston...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by rob lay, Apr 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I'd consider this "on topic"!

I didn't quite understand what caused the flip... did a wheel catch on the curbing or did the curbing bounce one side up enough to start the roll?

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not sure exactly, I just saw car sliding in dirt, dust everywhere, and then a car pop up back end over front from the dust cloud. It was definitely from hitting the back of the curbing, but I don't know if it dug in or just launched the car in the air. 2 of 3 rollovers I've witnessed were from going off and hitting the back of curbing track. MSRH and all tracks need to have smooth transitions, but this is often overlooked and with water erosion hard to keep up.

My advice for street cars running MSRH is to brake straight before turn in to 3. For race cars going for 100% and not minding risk of rubber side up then the fastest line is not lifting until straightening out for 4. I can post my RX8 videos later.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Rob, did you put a video camera in the RX8 so we can get an idea of the course layout?

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, I have video from both the Saturday and Sunday race. It may take a few days to transfer though.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I just had to post this. Over on the SRX7 board we were giving each of the drivers funny quotes. Donato came up with a funny one for Lowell, who was the guy that rolled his car.