[OT] Mercedes wheels and bits...sale | FerrariChat

[OT] Mercedes wheels and bits...sale

Discussion in 'Texas' started by BigTex, Sep 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hey Houston guys....

This isn't a For Sale post, so much as a Public Service Announcement!!!!

I haunt the River oaks estate sales, looking for good deals..and this week they are moving a cache of goodies that includes a few oddities.

There's two or three sets of Mercedes mag wheel /tire combos, three air bag steering wheel rims only, and even a pair of Porsche headlights.

One of the wheels sets came off an AMG...pretty nice.

You check 'em out, they have an 'ask" but as the weekend goes by, it becomes negotiable on some items, by end of day Monday they'll take an 'offer" if they are still there.

It's right by Washington Ave. at Shepherd...on Center Street behind Molina's......there's a flourescent poster board sign on an otherwise nondescrept warehouse.....;) ;) ;)

I'll try to build a link to some pictures....stand back.

2. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #2 BigTex, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
    Testing my computer SKILLZZZZ....

www.phillipsestatesales.com

There.....that's the homepage, click on "pictures" to see them.

I bought the composite ski poles, they are gone!

I'm going back by as the sale goes on, to barter for the fish mounts.......probably won't get the hammerhead shark TOO BIG, but the barracuda will look great at the office! LOL!

The tarpon is well done also.....

Other normal stuff.....waterford crystal......books, art and dishes..there was an Enron ball cap.....:D :D :D

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #3 BigTex, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #4 BigTex, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
    Then, to go with the ski equipment, there's a few pretty nice ski parkas/jumpsuits.

Good brands Descente, Obermeyer but most all of it is those BRIGHT flourescent colors..LOL!

INSTANT flashback to the early eighties.:rolleyes:.Glen Plake in a mowhawk!! :eek:

I kinda like to "blend in" on my tree runs, so I didn't get them...:D :D :D..I might go back for the black/white Obermeyer...

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    The pros will tell you that 'blending in' on a tree run is NOT a good idea. If you get caught in a deep trough, nobody can see you. Ask me how I know.

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oh, I'm not that deep, I mainly like to pull off the run far enough to just sack out, enjoy the view, and have a nip off the pocket flask.....

Yea, this gear is CRAZY colors.....all that bright fluorescent kind of makes you eyes hurt.

I tried a few on and found two relatively sedate Obermeyers...like I don't already have closet full of little worn outerwear.