[OT] Help in Los Angeles - Lexus | FerrariChat

[OT] Help in Los Angeles - Lexus

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by BigTex, Nov 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Can any of the Fchatters help me, with a long distance purchase for my son???

Long story, but trying to replace a car destroyed after a week of ownership....

Thanks in advance,
    Alan
    832 801-0670

2. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Alan, what exactly are you looking to do? Legal route, repair, body work, etc?

3. popsmuf

popsmuf Karting

Jun 20, 2006
    SoCal
    Longo Lexus. Biggest dealer of Lexus in the USA for like 20yrs in a row or something ridiculous like that

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I have a good friend who's a sales manager at a Lexus dealer here in L.A. PM me the details (what you're looking for, etc.) and I'll make sure he makes it a painless process for you.

5. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    +1 on Longo.

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks guys, he's just out of college, so had searched and found a nice '03 430, one owner, all records, etc. in Parchment Crystal White.

Bought at $10,500, it immediately needed the "tear out the dash and steering because the AC case is leaking" repair ($2,500) and then three days later, it's in the crusher!

There is a similar (80K miles) car advertised at Blue Rhino Motors at 9979 San Fernando Rd. 91331.

It is optioned the same, the SAT/NAV and big wheels, but I'm reluctant to pull the trigger with out someone driving it, looking at rash damage, etc. before spending his signing bonus AGAIN! Maybe even a PPI if they'll let it off the lot??

Thanks to all that responded, ya'll are great.

I had given him a bottle of Saint Arnolds Pumpkinator, with instructions to make it home before opening...it exploded all over the back seat, as the multiple impacts unfolded. The Impound Yard noticed it...I gave him another one.

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    If he gives up on the V8 GS 430, he moves to the newer iS 350, but would need about an '07, to make it work with his settlement $$$.

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I showed him the Audi S8 in FerrariAds, but repair costs scare him on the German cars.

His mom drove the dreadful Audi 5000S when we married, so maybe there's truth in his position!!!